Hollard Juma 2015: bigger, better and more badass than ever!

News bot

Sorry, not to nitpick, but I believe chopping into the banks to get under the three roads you mention (Jan Smuts, Conrad and William Nicol) was done before the JUMA and I'm pretty sure by the Spruit Fairy, not JUMA builders.

The crossing under William Nicol the JUMA builders widened with a wooden construction but they also took it down after the race. They did build the scaffolding ramp down under Tana road, but that also was removed soon after the race.

If I am incorrect please disagree here.

I'm not sure who was behind the spruit upgrades, but maybe coincidentally then, the spruit became a better place after Juma.  I just assumed it is as a result of Juma, irrespective of who put in the work.

If every little spruit upgrade and a bit of publicity (through JUMA) only urges a handful more cyclist to ride there instead of flocking out of town for their weekend rides, it means more cyclists in the spruit which makes it safer (and more fun).

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the fact that your a lazy sonnafabiatch

Gynae appointment for you?

Wooooooosh... missed the highlighted bit ladies  :stupid:

Edited by Andrew Steer

Did not do it last year, wanted to do it this year, but now I dont know. Friend of mine rode over a turd and had to remove several hair weaves from his handlebars and those are deal breakers for me.

Are they going to stuff around with the Spruit again this year?

Sissy planks under William Nicol etc...  :thumbdown:

I'm not sure who was behind the spruit upgrades, but maybe coincidentally then, the spruit became a better place after Juma.  I just assumed it is as a result of Juma, irrespective of who put in the work.

If every little spruit upgrade and a bit of publicity (through JUMA) only urges a handful more cyclist to ride there instead of flocking out of town for their weekend rides, it means more cyclists in the spruit which makes it safer (and more fun).

Edited by C90

You are correct the Spruit fairy was employed by JUMA who funded various upgrades including 2 new wooden bridges and all the underpasses like Conrad etc. 

Edited by C90

Damn expensive. 'New and improved.. Blah blah..' Marketing BS if you ask me. Didn't do it last time, will never. Playing in a dysfunctional city with a non-existing sewer system? No thanks. Like saying "here is your shot of heroine for 399, but don't worry, it is a new formula, you won't get any side effects...". All kinds of illnesses and infections to be had.

Damn expensive. 'New and improved.. Blah blah..' Marketing BS if you ask me. Didn't do it last time, will never. Playing in a dysfunctional city with a non-existing sewer system? No thanks. Like saying "here is your shot of heroine for 399, but don't worry, it is a new formula, you won't get any side effects...". All kinds of illnesses and infections to be had.

I think the race is way too expensive for my backyard free weekend ( 80%) ride. But Jozi is Def not dysfunctional....

Sound like you the tipe of person who talks of immigration at the braai....

Joburg rocks! And it's trails and parks too

Edited by RoboJedi

I think the race is way too expensive for my backyard free weekend ( 80%) ride. But Jozi is Def not dysfunctional....

Sound like you the tipe of person who talks of immigration at the braai....

Joburg rocks! And it's trails and parks too

Nah. Did consider Aus a few years back after I was told in numerous job interviews something along "great qualifications and experience, but sorry, you are white."

I am just saying city council doesn't give much attention to cleaning water ways, sewers, etc. Too many nasties that can cause longterm problems. Broken bones from falling on sludge, scrapes being infected, sewer water in your face and mouth. Can only imagine what else can happen.

This urban race theme has been tried before in various ways, and failed. I give this another year or so and it will too.

You are correct the Spruit fairy was employed by JUMA who funded various upgrades including 2 new wooden bridges and all the underpasses like Conrad etc. 

Your first post ever was on this thread....Why didn't you just call yourself Juma?