Hollard Juma 2015: bigger, better and more badass than ever!

News bot

There goes the rest of your work day....the part not spent on the Hub.

Dude. This tool is amazing.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude. This tool is amazing.

And seriously addictive. Hook this up with Farmtrader and start designing your own Bikeparks.  :thumbup:

Instead of complaining about the race. Why don't you contact the organizers with suggestions instead? I happen to know they are riders actually. Not as experienced as many on here but they do want to improve and highlight the sport and the areas in which we play. I know for a fact that they would take considerations into account. So be constructive. Not just armchair critics who think they know more than anyone else.

Edited by Fernando

Instead of complaining about the race. Why don't you contact the organizers with suggestions instead? I happen to know they are riders actually. Not as experienced as many on here but they do want to improve and highlight the sport and the areas in which we play. I know for a fact that they would take considerations into account. So be constructive. Not just armchair critics who think they know more than anyone else.

Went to enter saw the price, immediately emailed them asking to please reconsider the price. I really want to ride but I won't pay more than 250 for the 55km.

I know Andy Hatfield ( who I respect as a startup guy and host of za tech) was involved and I know he is big into his riding from listing to his podcast. So ja don't know him personally but know his is a mtbr

I spoke to them last year before the race...Guess how many of my suggestions they listened to? Hint: About the same amount as the money that went back to the Spruit.

If you are not happy about the criticism of your product, don't advertise it on the Hub. We are experts at criticizing everything and everybody.

To be fair. You can't expect them to take all suggestions into account on their first try. They had to learn from their mistakes. Plus how close was it to race day? I'm sure a certain amount of humble pie has been eaten since last year. And we have time on our side to make suggestions to them. If enough people are willing I'm sure we could organize a gathering to give input.

I will be back this year for the 55, will be packing my own light for the tunnel.

The scaffolding and support along the route is where most of the cost comes in I think.

If more people stay away the quality of the event will improve , no people no bottlenecks .

I'm happy to be the test subject and will go race and ley you guys know how it went   :whistling:

I'm hoping that last year's event scared off enough of the newbies/noobs/geriatrics so that the routes are less congested and so that there are less injuries. 

It was a fun route. The number of participants was just completely out of whack. 

I think that for the first year it was awesome , this year limited entries and 2 separate routes should ease bottlenecks. the price is fair for  what you get they spend 1.5 million on the route .

say what you want of the juma last year, but the event has improved the condition and safety of the spruit dramatically, most notably cleaning up big time and the addition of the sections underneath Jan-smuts, Conrad and William Nicol.  I believe they are going to build a permanent route underneath Tana and hopefully the extra traffic will make the spruit safer in general.

For making my backyard safer and more fun I'm willing to pay R500 even if there isn't an event at all.  Count me in!!!

say what you want of the juma last year, but the event has improved the condition and safety of the spruit dramatically, most notably cleaning up big time and the addition of the sections underneath Jan-smuts, Conrad and William Nicol.  I believe they are going to build a permanent route underneath Tana and hopefully the extra traffic will make the spruit safer in general.

For making my backyard safer and more fun I'm willing to pay R500 even if there isn't an event at all.  Count me in!!!

Very true they are building a legacy project under Tana road so we don't have to cross those 2 roads anymore.

I disagree here. Just because you can ride the trails for free shouldn't put you off taking part in this event . I'm told the vibe was awesome even though there were bottlenecks and and and. You wont ever get that kinda vibe by pissing off the grannies and dog walkers. price of the event is for me and like most others here an issue. The comparison of two entry's is equivalent to the fuel cost of driving to Karkloof kinda seals it for me.

you cant ride the entire route only about 15km of it down the spruit , the rest is closed off 

R399 for 54km - WTF?  That's DOUBLE normal prices. 

its only R49 more than last year an limited entries