Dome 2 Dome and Race for Victory 2015

Prince

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am too scared of this one (dont know why), have not entered.

Dont think I can cover that distance yet. :unsure:

Going to be a first for me with that distance, nothing ventured nothing gained.

I think the hill at the end should be good mental preparation for the hills at the end of the 947, pushing through the pain when the body says stop.

I see you changed you mind and entered. Good on you.

I am definitely under trained for this event but using it as a training ride for the 947 so I am guaranteed to be in the hurt locker for most of the journey, ouch.

I saw on the website the MTB event has been cancelled, anyone know why? Lack of numbers maybe?

This only leaves number collection in PTA on Wednesday and Fourways on Thursday.

I see you changed you mind and entered. Good on you.

I am definitely under trained for this event but using it as a training ride for the 947 so I am guaranteed to be in the hurt locker for most of the journey, ouch.

I saw on the website the MTB event has been cancelled, anyone know why? Lack of numbers maybe?

This only leaves number collection in PTA on Wednesday and Fourways on Thursday.

Where did you see? :eek:

Edit: I think the MTB even would have been mainly through Heia (might be wrong) and maybe due to the issues they have been having with land owners they might have canceled it due to that.

Edit: I think the MTB even would have been mainly through Heia (might be wrong) and maybe due to the issues they have been having with land owners they might have canceled it due to that.

Scott the stalker? :devil:

Well with descents down Sterkfontein and the Hekpoort pass, maybe 'scared' is spot on!

It is not. The 94.7 seeding is already done. You can submit your D2D in a reseeding request, but it won't happen automatically.

And pay probably R200 for your reseeding request

Well with descents down Sterkfontein and the Hekpoort pass, maybe 'scared' is spot on!

Not scared about the descents, it's all that climbing!

Oh and the distance actually! I was hoping to do at least one 100+km ride this weekend, but have an enduro race/event on, so I'll have to make some sort of compromise.

Not scared about the descents, it's all that climbing!

Oh and the distance actually! I was hoping to do at least one 100+km ride this weekend, but have an enduro race/event on, so I'll have to make some sort of compromise.

The Mogale Spring Classic may be more to your liking? 70% of the same route including the climb past Maropeng and over Hekpoort (from the South) and then the slow poison drag from Magalies back to K'dorp with the hills at the end. And......it's far cheaper!

Okay, so dik wiel is packed away now after this weekends #enduro (well being stripped), dun wiel is in front for the que for this week!

111km with 2 hills before my normal 15km warm up is going to HURT! I will for sure not be able to stay with the group on those or I will have to dig deep and maybe carry the consequences later...

I did a 25km ride yesterday with a 884m elevation, so I guess 1004m over 111km isnt THAT bad :mellow:

Weather predictions/warnings? [Where's geraldm24's wind predictions?]

Yeah, I concur, possibly something to do with the ownership change at Heia.

Archived