Dome 2 Dome and Race for Victory 2015

Prince

I do agree rules is rules. But we were throwing gutter because no one wanted to help chase back the break away. Then why DQ the whole bunch and not just the people riding across the white line. We weren't across the white line at all but the rest of the group were. That is why road cycling is on the down in SA.

Only wish the wind was in the other direction so that this wouldn't have happened.

Agreed, totally unfair to DQ whole bunch when some were not outside the rules. Should rather have DQ'd numbers that defintely clearly broke rules even if they could not ID everybody.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, totally unfair to DQ whole bunch when some were not outside the rules. Should rather have DQ'd numbers that defintely clearly broke rules even if they could not ID everybody.

I agree with this 100%

They should start enforcing it at more races, DQ the guys who cross and thats that.

It's actually not even like the guys that where at the front where riding like douches anyway. The front guys where all on the left and the group just spread all the way across the road. I don't blame anyone for "putting guys in the gutter " it was simply just due to the wind. But yes you right there where only a select few chasing down the break. I guess they DQ the whole bunch because they couldn't pick and choose while we where riding who was over the line and who wasn't at any one time. I don't know hey bud, it wasnt lekker. Pity because our seeding would have been brilliant.

I agree they should not DQ the whole group. They should either be DQ and informing the individual riders as they transgress, and keep video footage from the marshals helmet and the coinsures car for review post race.

So who here did cross the line?

Maybe they are to blame for this, and not the commissaires?

Its all good that people get angry at the rules enforcers, but what about the rule breakers.

Agree. DQ them one by one as they go over the line. Not rocket science to spot a number that goes over the line and go up next to him and say you are out! Write down the number and that is that. If they have to do this 20 times then so be it. But I guess this is to much work for them.

They should DQ the entire race then (I am willing to bet that even the funrider groups cross the line)... at one point we had our entire group riding on the far right side of the road so much so that the motorbike couldnt come past.

I feel for the officials in these instances, because someone is going to end up in a crash with an oncoming vehicle, and then the flame throwers will be out to get them? They certainly are between a rock and hard place.

They should DQ the entire race then (I am willing to bet that even the funrider groups cross the line)... at one point we had our entire group riding on the far right side of the road so much so that the motorbike couldnt come past.

I feel for the officials in these instances, because someone is going to end up in a crash with an oncoming vehicle, and then the flame throwers will be out to get them? They certainly are between a rock and hard place.

Honestly I didnt even know it is a rule.

I am use to riding between bunting, most of the time higher than the hip (more clear boundaries than that is hard to find), and even then we are CLEARLY warned before EVERY race "if you cross the bunting and not enter at the same spot again you will be disqualified".

I can not remember once hearing the "disqualified" word before the race.

I thought the "stay left of the white line" was just thrown in as a kind warning because of on-coming traffic could be harmful..

What is very funny about the VA race also. Guys that was with the DQ group dropped after we got DQ'ed and still received results. So WTF?

What is very funny about the VA race also. Guys that was with the DQ group dropped after we got DQ'ed and still received results. So WTF?

They obviously said the main chase group?

Guys ahead and guys in the break were all "good boys"

Just to be clear about the VA group: we are not talking about taking the racing line through a intersection turn, but rather riding echelon across the road. I was not in VA, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

post-41865-0-31801300-1442218152_thumb.jpg

I enjoyed most of the race agter not being on the bike for a month.Felt I'd chosen the wrong ratio to run on the SS speed though. ..would have been chilled grinding up the hills if I could stay in a group on the flats and not spin out.

Was great meeting a few Hubbers including Hayley once again.

Agree. DQ them one by one as they go over the line. Not rocket science to spot a number that goes over the line and go up next to him and say you are out! Write down the number and that is that. If they have to do this 20 times then so be it. But I guess this is to much work for them.

Agree with this and the above posts...

The great irony is that the guys crossing the lines the most would have been at the back of the peloton about to pop. Then in the results, its only the main peloton that was disqualified and not everyone who finished behind it / popped. My personal opinion is that instead of "setting an example" Cycling SA made a proper mess of this.

Had a nice ride and finished in 2h56 from EL. Those long drags into the wind felt like climbing a mountain.

Happy with the fitness level at this stage.

This was my first "open road race" mainly due to the fact that I thought it's not save sharing the road with cars in a race environment. I think it was excellently marshalled and the motorists that were held up by the event was very patient and cautious.

Will definitely be back next year and am really looking forward to Satellite classic. A pity I can't do the D2D.

Just to be clear about the VA group: we are not talking about taking the racing line through a intersection turn, but rather riding echelon across the road. I was not in VA, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

attachicon.gif1MoviTeamEchelonWEB2.jpg

Yes this!

So, if you were sitting behind any of the echelon riders in this picture, you would in effect be riding a solo time trail in cross wind conditions... 

In the VA situation from yesterday, if Cycling SA / event organisers had a Marshall motorbike in the main peloton of the licensed groups, the bike would have sat on the middle line and the peloton would have been forced to make several echelons staggered behind each other or pop...

And as mentioned previously, the second point is that EVERY racing group did the white line crossing echelon and yet only one got punished. Consistency?

I noticed that on the results page last night. Not fair at all. Next time it happens you'll see a few guys "being dropped " with 5 km to go.

Ended up in the B batch

Two guys in our batch started hitting each other, apparently the one guy kept cutting the other one off..

This was very interesting..

Tried to break away at the 45km(Stupid Idea)with another rider

Paid interest later in the race,Happy with results

No falls that I know of in our group

Good race

i witnessed the fight as well. didnt see who was wrong but surely a VA rider should not have been riding in an open b group.

anyways atleast everyone had a safe ride. next stop d2d

Archived