Iwan Kemp

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But can you get them in 26?

Unfortunately not,also wanted them in 26" . Only 29" & 27.5"

I bought a set from CWC Willowbridge. . R6500.. Couple of months ago. . Very happy and impressed. Did find that the rear hub engaged bit slower than my Shimano's hubs with Syncros rimms up Stairway to heaven at Meerendal. . As if there should be more rachet teeth... or they should be smaller... so yes.. be in correct gear and keep pedaling around tight corners. I saved 450gm on rear wheel and 350gm on ftont wheel.. same tyres and cealant.. with 107kg limit and me only 75kg.. they are pretty much bullet proof!

O yes.. Just a reminder for all buying a set.. please set the bearing locks, so that the bearings do not get pinched tight when fastening QR or through axles. Too loose and the wheel will woble, to tight and you will have extra resistance. Still think it is the best value for money rimms out there... enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if any local folks have stock of these - I want a set but cant find them anywhere...

Not yet. Last we heard they should have in 2 weeks. You can place a pre-order on evobikes.com - something I would strongly recommend as there are LOTS of people waiting.

Are the WL's true tubeless (or what ever its called?) or do you have to run tape and all that other stuff to seal them proper? 

O yes.. Just a reminder for all buying a set.. please set the bearing locks, so that the bearings do not get pinched tight when fastening QR or through axles. Too loose and the wheel will woble, to tight and you will have extra resistance. Still think it is the best value for money rimms out there... enjoy!

Could you explain how to do this?

• 2 months later...

Could you explain how to do this?

Easiest will be to ask your LBS to check this before leaving the store with your new wheels.

Bought my WL set 2 weeks ago. My bike feels lighter and nippier. I have set many PB on climbs and the cornering ability of these wheels are insane. It's the best upgrade I have ever don. They roll so easily and they have such a wide contact patch that going downhill is very confidence inspiring. So chuffed I got them.

Edited by Stevief

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend tyres that go well with these? I like the idea of the wide rims "upsizing" the tyre size to some effect without the obvious weight gains. 

I have also heard of some folks having issues fitting, removing UST tyres with the rims - any truth to that?

I've had several tires on Wide Lightnings and didn't have any issues with any. On wider rims tires with a rounded profile works best. What tires are you currently riding or would you like to ride? Let me know then we work our way back from there.