The Hub TdF Fantasy Comp 2015

Frosty

sagan in the break again! there really should be a prize for the highest placed team that doesn't have him in their roster.

Valverde and Quintana aren't there, and they make up half of the time that counts for Movistar in the team comp.

MTNQ on the other hand have Serge and Daniel as 2 of the best placed in the GC for the team.

with all due respect to the oracle, i do believe jy praat twak! I was wondering how they worked this out. it would appear that this is the technique..

Calculation

As of 2011, the team classification is calculated by adding the times of the three best riders of each team per stage; time bonuses and penalties are ignored. In a team time trial, the team gets the time of the fifth rider of that team to cross the finish, or the last rider if there are fewer than 5 left for the team. If a team has fewer than three cyclists remaining, it is removed from this classification.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerald...just for interest sake...with Van Garderen out now, would that have some effect on some of the Leaders in the Fantasy game?

I would guess so?

No HUBBER names needed...should be interesting...I would presume also the next few days until Paris, if some of the BIGGER names bonk, there should be some ruffling feathers on TOP? :eek: :whistling:

5 stages, about 75 points for the GC, 12 for the stage finish, unknown KOM points and then the bonus points for a top 15 finish. That's a maximum of 200 known points assuming he finished in the top 5.

The breakaway bonus (that finishes ahead of the peloton) will make a much bigger difference - some people have 2 riders = 4000 points and we still have 4 possible stage finishes to turn this inside out.

Gallopin not earning his bucks today for my team

I'm gonna tune him in my terrible French later

No big recovery supper for him, just watery soup

sagan in the break again! there really should be a prize for the highest placed team that doesn't have him in their roster.

with all due respect to the oracle, i do believe jy praat twak! I was wondering how they worked this out. it would appear that this is the technique..

Calculation

As of 2011, the team classification is calculated by adding the times of the three best riders of each team per stage; time bonuses and penalties are ignored. In a team time trial, the team gets the time of the fifth rider of that team to cross the finish, or the last rider if there are fewer than 5 left for the team. If a team has fewer than three cyclists remaining, it is removed from this classification.

Okay, I thought it was the best 3 riders on the GC time...

Valverde and Quintana aren't in the break, so as the two best pkaced riders in the Movistar team, they will lose time against Serge and Daniel who are in the break.

20 minutes is the difference, so IF they finish ahead of Valverde and Quintana today, they'll make a dent in the time.

Guess this expkanation is wrong. Sorry, talking twak is not one of my core competencies [emoji12]

5 stages, about 75 points for the GC, 12 for the stage finish, unknown KOM points and then the bonus points for a top 15 finish. That's a maximum of 200 known points assuming he finished in the top 5.

The breakaway bonus (that finishes ahead of the peloton) will make a much bigger difference - some people have 2 riders = 4000 points and we still have 4 possible stage finishes to turn this inside out.

True that and he was not any one of the breakaway guys...trying to stay too close to the GC contenders I guess.

:thumbup:  thanx for the informed reply...still AWESOME racing in the next few stages :clap:  :clap:

So who has 4 or more riders in the breakaway today?

Uran

Pinot

Ryder

and of course Sagan.

looking good so far, hope they stay away.

I've taken the points breakdown offline... with the subs from yesterday I need to spend sone time updating the formulae... [emoji36]

Love it when a domestique takes glory

And the emotions

Awesomeness

Unlikely, anyone had Geschke in their team hey

Maincheese is sick and just in with 4 minutes to spare :wacko:, I think most of the top ten on the leaderboard have him or Kwiatkowski in their teams. This could mean a very interesting run in to the finish. 

Talking of the leaderboard I think Hilton has to pee in a cup so that we can see what's going on there  :ph34r: .

The winner of today's prize, for scoring 1993.14 points, despite losing both Van Garderen and Kwiatkowski on the stage...

post-1372-0-82368200-1437588543_thumb.png

post-1372-0-96222900-1437588597_thumb.png

Archived