Russian Cycling accident

Stretch

I lived in Russia for a year they drive like insane maniacs

I wouldn't ride a bike on a motorway there its like instant death :devil:

this vid is one for all the heros riding their mtbs thru hospital bend interchange (its a stupid idea ! )

but the cyclist didn't look either :whistling:

dumb place to ride.

Like the oke yesterday lane splitting down Marine Drive incoming near Boundry Road Milnerton in peak hour traffic, when the bike lane is 10 meters to his right.

the way I see it is - the cyclists are stupid to ride there in the first place...but the truck did everything he could do wrong

Geez, the camera dude first decides if he should put he bike down or against something...

It's a De Rosa dude , that ****s expensive 

It's a De Rosa dude , that ****s expensive

It's called shock dude, that ***t makes you do weird stuff.

In the cyclist's defence: check the road markings prior to the accident. Russians ride on the right hand side of the road. The cyclist was correctly on the extreme right of the lane going straight - the slow lane. The lane to his right was a turn-only lane to the right. After the turn-only lane the number of lanes increase giving the appearance that there was an additional lane to the cyclist's right. The truck driver rode up in the turn-only lane and then continued straight instead of veering off to the right, contrary to the road markings.

In the cyclist's defence: check the road markings prior to the accident. Russians ride on the right hand side of the road. The cyclist was correctly on the extreme right of the lane going straight - the slow lane. The lane to his right was a turn-only lane to the right. After the turn-only lane the number of lanes increase giving the appearance that there was an additional lane to the cyclist's right. The truck driver rode up in the turn-only lane and then continued straight instead of veering off to the right, contrary to the road markings.

Spot on. How the truck squeezed through there and didn't hit them full on is a miracle. And at that speed as well.

The cyclist changed lanes without looking at all just put his forearm out and went. There was nothing a truck could do to avoid him.

Why anyone would cycle in that environment baffles me. Might as well swim off Fish Hoek with a bloody tuna strapped to your chest.

The cyclist changed lanes without looking at all just put his forearm out and went. There was nothing a truck could do to avoid him.

Why anyone would cycle in that environment baffles me. Might as well swim off Fish Hoek with a bloody tuna strapped to your chest.

Considering the road markings and the fact that Russians ride on the right-hand side of the road, I would posit that his hand signal was ex abundanti cautela.

Considering the road markings and the fact that Russians ride on the right-hand side of the road, I would posit that his hand signal was ex abundanti cautela.

Are you swearing at us in Russian!?

But moving him was probably the dumbest thing you could do, they have no idea of spinal injury. But then again, it IS Russia, and some moron would likely come plowing through soon...

But moving him was probably the dumbest thing you could do, they have no idea of spinal injury. But then again, it IS Russia, and some moron would likely come plowing through soon...

The way he managed to get himself up and is moving by himself I reckon his okay. Under those circumstances I would also move him.

Archived