Nissan Trialseeker Gauteng - Bundu Bash 30 May

Cas_1

Also remember to carry enough speed to get up and over the container. That is quite steep (by the looks of the photo) and I can just see people that don't carry enough speed bailing half way up and breaking other peoples momentum. This can cause havoc, but hopefully I'm wrong

11206939_898950990165045_779782000498299

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well It seems I missed the entries again, So will now do the DUALX on 20 June which will be in the same area.

Also remember to carry enough speed to get up and over the container. That is quite steep (by the looks of the photo) and I can just see people that don't carry enough speed bailing half way up and breaking other peoples momentum. This can cause havoc, but hopefully I'm wrong

Sorry, just a correction. This seems to be the descending side off the container. It's not so steep on the up side. MY BAD!!!

EDIT: Sorry, I can't get the video posted!

Edited by Hennie VR

bugger,checked this morning and said sold out....any one selling a marathon entry ?

Good morning, broke my frame last weekend so from the response I getting from the suppliers looks like I can't make it. :cursing:

Have a marathon entry.

Entry has been taken.

Edited by Rusty250

Yes you will be fine. They generally build decent bridges and I have seen the floating ones and you will need more than 133kg to sink them. Remember to not go to slow because it makes it more difficult and a swim might not be the hottest thing on the day. Think we might have a few spectators on the day as well  :ph34r:

11061166_898171893576288_853254458879628

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah these look decent. Are these the only type of floating bridges at the race? I was concerned about those flimsy pallet type bridges, reckoned no matter how fast and smooth I would go over them I would still sink. 

Yes you will be fine. They generally build decent bridges and I have seen the floating ones and you will need more than 133kg to sink them. Remember to not go to slow because it makes it more difficult and a swim might not be the hottest thing on the day. Think we might have a few spectators on the day as well  :ph34r:

11061166_898171893576288_853254458879628

hope they extend it a bit   :ph34r:

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah these look decent. Are these the only type of floating bridges at the race? I was concerned about those flimsy pallet type bridges, reckoned no matter how fast and smooth I would go over them I would still sink. 

As far as I know there will only be one floating bridge on the day and this is definitely the one for the race so I don't think you have to worry about the pallet type of bridges.

If you should encounter any pallet type of bridges in future you should be fine if you keep your speed up. Try and leave a gap between you and any riders in front of you and keep pedaling otherwise you will be paddling :whistling:   

4 hour drive to Tzaneen. Ooh eh eh. 

See it as a stage race........driving......then cycling......then driving. Make a weekend of it. 

You won't be disappointed.........proemieeez!

PS: The water tables are usually top notch

Some more picture appetizers

10955522_915285081865091_308626797857869

11377269_915285071865092_711912187492294

11350880_915285065198426_365117605244052

11350802_915285155198417_826967350533732

My buddy and I managed to get entries for the 40km. I just cant wait to hit the start line.

Judging by the photos they have taken my favorite trails and only made them more EPIC!

That really is the best part about Buffels, every time you go there, it's different. It really is an amazing accomplishment from the guys there... They make sure you are never bored!

See you all on the start line! Have an awesome race! And enjoy the perfect trail... specially the wonderfully technical descents!

My buddy and I managed to get entries for the 40km. I just cant wait to hit the start line.

Judging by the photos they have taken my favorite trails and only made them more EPIC!

That really is the best part about Buffels, every time you go there, it's different. It really is an amazing accomplishment from the guys there... They make sure you are never bored!

See you all on the start line! Have an awesome race! And enjoy the perfect trail... specially the wonderfully technical descents!

Yea they have put a lot of effort into their trails. Awesome place to go ride.

I'm not sure if all these will be on both the half and full marathon distance but they are now permanent features to be enjoyed in future as well.