Nissan Trialseeker Gauteng - Bundu Bash 30 May

Cas_1

Finished in 2:57 from A batch. Man the dust for the first 20 odd km's was hectic. Awesome race still and glad my legs felt good for the climbs at the end. Now for Van Gaalens :clap:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you ride under those time check stuff to start your ride, but finish with a guy or girl scanning your number when they eventually get to you. For some that minute racing makes a difference.

Had an awesome race. Beat my personal goal time by 5min on the 40km, so that's not too bad.

Only issue i had was people walking on the simplest of sections creating massive bottlenecks! They keep walking on things that are BASIC MTB STUFF! Can only be super noobs (Which is impossible coz they started in batches before me) or they must be roadies coz we know how scared they get of a little stone in the dust when they first switch to MTB.

My only suggestion is that SAS starts seeding road and mtb separately and their indexes must NOT count for mtb. They must start at the back like we all had to and when they can ride those intense rock gardens (pebbles in the dust) then they can get better seedings.

Other than that little rant... AWESOME RACE!!! New dropper post made those downhills super fun and fast!!

See you all at the next one!

I stopped to help one of the leading ladies that crashed, she cut her knee through to the bone, we managed to strap it up with her arm warmers but she was still in a lot of pain, she was probably lying 3rd in the ladies, she tried to push on but eventually told me to see if I could find some help at the next water point, didn't see her again, anyone know her, just want to see if she is ok.

Tall, thin lady, I think she was riding a specialized.

Conrad

Finished in 2:57 from A batch. Man the dust for the first 20 odd km's was hectic. Awesome race still and glad my legs felt good for the climbs at the end. Now for Van Gaalens :clap:

Yes, was awesome race finished 2:51 from B. The dust was really bad for first 20km. Was pretty much riding blind behind the pack. Van Gaalens is going to be a lot tougher I expect!!

You have to hand it to these advendurance blokes, for a huge mass participation event this was again out of the top drawer.

Amazing trails at Buffelsdrift. Definitely need to go there more often.

Did a 3:16 from C. Stopped once for a guy that crashed hard on the open road section just before we passed the parking area again. The gravel road did a little number on his face. Didn't look pleasant but not too serious luckily. Hope you are ok dude!

Fun day out. See you at Van Gaalens.

I developed a sore throat Friday afternoon which was only worse on Saturday morning. Decided to stop and buy some Halls on my way to the race, a decision I am very thankful for now. The dust did not go well with a sore throat and sinus problems but the halls provided some much needed relief during the race.

Finished my first marathon in 3:33 from D batch. Felt as if I held back too much hoping to make up time after the last of the three climbs, that rocky single track had other ideas. All in all it was a good event, well organised as always.

Now to get healthy in time for Van Gaalens.

Edited by rvdm1

Had an awesome race. Beat my personal goal time by 5min on the 40km, so that's not too bad.

Only issue i had was people walking on the simplest of sections creating massive bottlenecks! They keep walking on things that are BASIC MTB STUFF! Can only be super noobs (Which is impossible coz they started in batches before me) or they must be roadies coz we know how scared they get of a little stone in the dust when they first switch to MTB.

My only suggestion is that SAS starts seeding road and mtb separately and their indexes must NOT count for mtb. They must start at the back like we all had to and when they can ride those intense rock gardens (pebbles in the dust) then they can get better seedings.

Other than that little rant... AWESOME RACE!!! New dropper post made those downhills super fun and fast!!

See you all at the next one!

Well done mate.............your name is not by any chance KOOS? :P 

See post #163

post-41755-0-33642700-1433142995_thumb.jpg

My question: "If you are not on your bike pedaling and standing (or pushing), who has the right of way to the track..........the rider or the strider?"

I would appreciate a copy of this "Mountain Bike Law" publication. (......although the results indicate that there is by name more than one KOOS who participated.......)

It seems the standing/strider WOES might contribute to an increase in FOES. :ph34r:

Edited by BarHugger

Well done mate.............your name is not by any chance KOOS? :P 

See post #163

attachicon.gifAggies.jpg

My question: "If you are not on your bike pedaling and standing (or pushing), who has the right of way to the track..........the rider or the strider?"

I would appreciate a copy of this "Mountain Bike Law" publication. (......although the results indicate that there is by name more than one KOOS who participated.......)

It seems the standing/strider WOES might contribute to an increase in FOES. :ph34r:

Oh hell no! I am no Koos!

I believe I am an extremely considerate rider, always do my best to let the faster guy through and I wait my turn in the bottlenecks just like everyone else must. (Besides, I was in I batch.)

In my books, if you want to walk something "too technical" find a way that doesn't block everyone that CAN ride, its just decency and respect for other riders who actually have goals and have trained to beat their goals.

There were however 2 little Koosies at the bottleneck by the awesome wooden berm bit on the 40, they shoved past all the riders and then couldn't even ride the thing coz they were too pissy to even try, Sadly we didn't get their race numbers or batches but they bolted out of there so quick followed by many threats and insults from the group they shoved past.

Moral of the story: If you wanna walk, GET OUT THE WAY, GET OFF THE TRACK! If you are slow, do your best to SAFELY(for yourself) let the faster guys through.

If we all did this it would make EVERY ONES races so much better.

I can say this coz this IS what i do.

It is a MountainBIKE race....not a hike. Rider has right of way (Except where all have to bottleneck and stride, then wait your turn)

Oh hell no! I am no Koos!

I believe I am an extremely considerate rider, always do my best to let the faster guy through and I wait my turn in the bottlenecks just like everyone else must. (Besides, I was in I batch.)

In my books, if you want to walk something "too technical" find a way that doesn't block everyone that CAN ride, its just decency and respect for other riders who actually have goals and have trained to beat their goals.

There were however 2 little Koosies at the bottleneck by the awesome wooden berm bit on the 40, they shoved past all the riders and then couldn't even ride the thing coz they were too pissy to even try, Sadly we didn't get their race numbers or batches but they bolted out of there so quick followed by many threats and insults from the group they shoved past.

Moral of the story: If you wanna walk, GET OUT THE WAY, GET OFF THE TRACK! If you are slow, do your best to SAFELY(for yourself) let the faster guys through.

If we all did this it would make EVERY ONES races so much better.

I can say this coz this IS what i do.

It is a MountainBIKE race....not a hike. Rider has right of way (Except where all have to bottleneck and stride, then wait your turn)

Hi...............I is KOOS..............and I likes walks in the bushes

Yes, was awesome race finished 2:51 from B. The dust was really bad for first 20km. Was pretty much riding blind behind the pack. Van Gaalens is going to be a lot tougher I expect!!

Oh Van Gaalen is going to be stacks tougher hey :blink:

Had a good race, was able to push on the flats in the beginning but did I suffer on the hills after the 50Km mark.

was slower by 5 minutes on last year, when I compared the times at places during the ride I finished the first 40Km 15min faster than last year but dropped that and more over the last 15Km. so its back to the training for more endurance and more power for the climbs. The route was different but it was close enough to be able to compare.

I stopped to help one of the leading ladies that crashed, she cut her knee through to the bone, we managed to strap it up with her arm warmers but she was still in a lot of pain, she was probably lying 3rd in the ladies, she tried to push on but eventually told me to see if I could find some help at the next water point, didn't see her again, anyone know her, just want to see if she is ok.

Tall, thin lady, I think she was riding a specialized.

Conrad

it was Tamaryn Kietsman, i saw you with her

Loved the race, great event and all that good stuff.  Did the 40.  I am no podium finisher but worked hard to finish within my personal best only to get stuck at the finish.  Could not even get to the timing thingy for people stopping to take selfies and chat.  Lost a few minutes in the huge crowd with all the disciplines coming in at the same time.  Perhaps they can encourage people to clear the finish area.  

Loved the race, great event and all that good stuff.  Did the 40.  I am no podium finisher but worked hard to finish within my personal best only to get stuck at the finish.  Could not even get to the timing thingy for people stopping to take selfies and chat.  Lost a few minutes in the huge crowd with all the disciplines coming in at the same time.  Perhaps they can encourage people to clear the finish area.  

It is one of the announcements made most often at these events. Once you have finished, get your medal and cold drink and get out of the way. The problem is people do not listen and hang around and cause chaos in the finish area.

Does one's time get captured by the overhead scanners when you go through the finish line or my the manual operators? I always thought the manual scan is just a double check to ensure your time got captured by the first scanner, but I am not sure...