Garmin vívoactive: A GPS smartwatch with fitness capabilities

News bot

Garmin Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd., announce the latest addition to the vívo Series, the vívoactive. vívoactive is a lightweight and thin GPS smartwatch with built-in sports and activity tracking apps. It also features a sunlight-readable, high-resolution colour touchscreen which can be accessorised with a range of colourful and interchangeable straps to compliment any style.

Click here to view the article

Meh.... I went to look at this and the fenix 3. Took the fenix 3 as this day vice has very limited Cycling and running capabilities. Go check the DC rain mailer review.

• 4 weeks later...

Spend a lot of time pondering the various smart watch options, including the Apple Watch, the various Android ones and the different fitness models.

Eventually you need to find your own sweet spot on the continuum of features and I ended up getting the Vivoactive.

Pretty happy after the first week.

I bought my wife a VivoActive. Had it for a week. Awesome watch but have had serious battery issues. Battery full and the next morning flat! I updated to 3.0 firmware last night. Let's see if it's any better.

Had mine for a week now. Battery still on 80%.

But I updated immediately to 2.90 when I got it and then to 3.0.

Do recall there were some issues with earlier version of the firmware.

So far so good with new firmware. Charged the phone Friday night after Critical Mass and still going strong this morning.