Finally someone taking a stands against dopers

Pure Savage

Tour des Fjords organiser refuses entry to CCC & Astana

Tour des Fjords organiser refuses entry to CCC & Astana

Roy Hegreberg, Race Director of the Tour des Fjords, is said to have denied entry to the Norwegien race to both CCC and Astana.

Polish team CCC were told that their presence was not wanted thanks to them signing dopers Davide Rebellin and Stefan Schumacher.

"They are one of the teams who have had problems with the reputation," said Hegreberg to Procycling.no yesterday. "We think it is important to show a new sport. A lot has happened in this sport that is not good. Many teams have taken issue with it, but it does not seem that everyone takes it seriously."

Schumacher was contacted by Procycling.no for his reaction and asked why he thought he was unwelcome at the race.

http://www.crankpunk.com/blogs/crankpunk/item/864-tour-des-fjords-organiser-refuses-entry-to-ccc-astana.html

but they let all the other teams in?

we could say Kudos to the Giro for not wanting Rebellin ride but then they let Contador race, a guy who was banned and had a Giro title tripped from him.

pro cycling is a joke.

When someone takes a step in the correct direction, I think its a start. As soon as more races come on board, doped riders will get dropped by teams and clean riders will get rides.

When someone takes a step in the correct direction, I think its a start. As soon as more races come on board, doped riders will get dropped by teams and clean riders will get rides.

you're right.....

ja there needs to be an incentive for teams to not sign guys after doping.

Every little bit helps and I guess if you see that suspect riders and suspect teams aren't getting in then it is starting to hit where it hurts - money and coverage. 

I loved this years Giro, and I know it's been laboured already, but just watching Astana made me just want to find the UCI's number, call them and ask if Cookson was watching what was happening. There is the marginal gains theory (because all clean, elite athletes are so close in performance and talent) and there is what ever training method is happening in Kazak' which has made virtually unheralded domestiques stronger than 99% of the rest of the field. 'We've made some good signings' doesn't cut it when half the signings the rest of the teams wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole... Start with Sanchez and work your way down. For me Nibali can't be help but be tainted as well though I really hope not. 

Unfortunately the anti doping laboratories are as far behind the curve again as they were when US Postal was going hammer and tongs. 

Hmm, they need to be a bigger name to have an effect, I can just imagine Giuseppe Martinelli in his office,

Haay Giuseppe, the Tour des Fjords organizers just banned our entry.

The who? 

Tour des Fjords, you know that big race in Norway.

Naa, never heard of it. 

Hmm, they need to be a bigger name to have an effect, I can just imagine Giuseppe Martinelli in his office,

Haay Giuseppe, the Tour des Fjords organizers just banned our entry.

The who? 

Tour des Fjords, you know that big race in Norway.

Naa, never heard of it. 

If you ask Doug Ryder I think he will tell you its a big deal, only thing Qhebeka has won this year :P

• 4 weeks later...

Ouch.... Looks like someone is going to need a bit of a loan!

"Italian Davide Appollonio will face more than just a possible four-year suspension should the results of his anti-doping control B-sample confirm the EPO positive announced yesterday. He could be slapped with a €100,000 fine from his Androni-Sidermec team and possibly additional damages under the conditions of a zero-tolerance policy the riders signed before the 2015 season."

Archived