SA team announced for MTB Marathon World Champs in Italy

News bot

Cycling South Africa’s Mountain Bike Commission has great pleasure in announcing that the following riders have been selected to represent South Africa at the 2015 UCI Mountain Bike Marathon World Championships in Selva Val Gardena in the Dolomites, Italy, on 27 June.

Click here to view the article

is that it?

Ha . Big fanfare for 2 names. Good luck Max, give it horns bru. Nice sounding climb from the start there, just to ease into the race.

Big up to De Groot and Knox. I wish them the best.

But the Europeans are going to wipe the floor with them. Won't be anything new. 

Edit: It's weird to see Knox, who isn't the current SA Marathon champ, represent the country at the Marathon World Champs. 

Edited by the_odinson

No offence to Max, he is a legend. But surely there are some other guys showing better form right now?

Think its highly dependent on the course, I big climbing race like this Max is probably the rider to go with.

Just go back to Sabie Classic to see what I mean.

Think its highly dependent on the course, I big climbing race like this Max is probably the rider to go with.

Just go back to Sabie Classic to see what I mean.

Agreed, he smoked Sabie this year and with new sponsor and backing, hopefully hes got his head on right and found some new motivation

Crazy, surely CSA can send more riders?

Even U/23's !?

Watch and see what a joke the Road Champs squad is going to be....yet again 

2 PEOPLE - that's it?

Jeez, that's not even a half-hearted effort by CSA - is it supposed to be a joke?

Apparently Robyn has pulled out so wonder who her replacement will be or if CSA will even send a female rider?

Apparently Robyn has pulled out so wonder who her replacement will be or if CSA will even send a female rider?

Source if the info?

If so surely Cherise must go

I see CSA have set up incentives as well, seems that you can enter yourself if you have qualified, CSA are only sending two riders at their cost it seems

Source if the info?

If so surely Cherise must go

I see CSA have set up incentives as well, seems that you can enter yourself if you have qualified, CSA are only sending two riders at their cost it seems

Robyn said last night on Supercycling that she won't be going ....