Where to keep phone while riding

Kimmi<3MTB

I dont really want to carry a backpack just for a cellphone....

Suggestions PLEASE  :D

Kim

Welcome to Mountain Biking!

Often the best solution is the one overlooked.

I ride with Fox shorts which have pockets. yes, pockets!

With this genius solution I have the option of putting my phone in one of the two side pockets or in the zippered and more secure lower pocket. It works like a dream.

The shorts also have a built-in lycra short with padding better than most padding I've experienced on dedicated road-oriented cycling shorts such as First Ascent and Anatomic (this is MY opinion anyway).

The other nice thing about these shorts is that you don't have to flash your private parts at the world when you walk into Pick & Pay after the ride.

They also make dedicated women's cycling clothing and a pair of shorts will set you back around R600 (at the Fox store in Menlyn).

Have a look; http://shop.foxhead.com/store/products/Womens/category/cat890010;jsessionid=73696F89746467A138DADC17857C44DE?mode=1&categoryNavIds=cat20008%3Acat20134%3Acat890010

post-32176-0-96861200-1434631266_thumb.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zip-lock baggy, stuffed in my bra.. less obvious than in my back pockets….   :D

(there i said it)  :oops:

Dare we ask how people don't notice something as big as a cellphone..? :P

Welcome to Mountain Biking!

Often the best solution is the one overlooked.

I ride with Fox shorts which have pockets. yes, pockets!

Fox make great kit. Great recommendation.

Oh, and by the way صدام حسين مات (not sure if you knew that  ;) )

First and last time I stuffed an Iphone in the leg pocket of my baggies I slammed nice and hard leaving a massive bruised welt, where it hammered at the angle into my thigh. Sometimes having a phone made of metal isn't a great idea... and gorilla glass wasn't that tough. 

Backpack or jersey zipper pocket.

I'm still using a ziplock + centre pocket. It hasn't disappeared in a crash yet.

I wish more jerseys had zipper pockets...

First and last time I stuffed an Iphone in the leg pocket of my baggies I slammed nice and hard leaving a massive bruised welt, where it hammered at the angle into my thigh. Sometimes having a phone made of metal isn't a great idea... and gorilla glass wasn't that tough. 

Backpack or jersey zipper pocket.

My phone once did an excellent job at protecting me from the handlebar that was intent on digging into my thigh during a crash. the phone was bent and the gorilla glass shattered. but i was actually glad because there was a round handlebar shaped indent in the back of the phone.  :w00t:

BTW. if you do ride with it in your pocket, screen towards you will save the phone in most off's.

Just a heads-up, middle back pockets are not the greatest idea, there recently was a guy who's one vertebrae was dislodged during a crash by a pump in his backpack. He is now paralysed.  :eek:

In the end, having the phone on you, you run the risk of breaking the phone or yourself during a crash. It's a risk you take.

• 11 months later...

Archived