Where to keep phone while riding

Kimmi<3MTB

some really bad suggestions here, next thing you gonna be riding with a moon bag!

make sure you back pockets(the center 1) are zipped and u gonna be good to go, no need for a backpack.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some really bad suggestions here, next thing you gonna be riding with a moon bag!

make sure you back pockets(the center 1) are zipped and u gonna be good to go, no need for a backpack.

If I am carrying a backpack (whether it be a Camelbak or one with spares) I might as well just chuck the phone in there.

When I don't have a backpack, then I will just stick the pocpac in my shirt pocket.

zipped pocket in your baggies, if it looks like rain then put it in a ziploc plastic bag

Except ALWAYS in a ziplock/weatherproof bag as the phone will get wet from sweat or condensation or some other science term.

I also use the 'bigger' PocPacs that I bought at The CycleHub at Rievlei. Fits my 5" Nokia Lumia no problem ..... also fits into a cycling shirt pocket nice and snug.

post-271-0-14140200-1434523435_thumb.jpg

PocPac FTW.

I have the smaller one, with money, ICE, Med Aid card and phone.

Slip it in my back pocket of my shirt. Never had an issue.

One came off at waterbridge. The only thing that was dry was my phone, the rest of me etc was very wet;-)

Thanks PocPac, you saved my iPhone.

i keep mine in a neoprene pouch... im shirt pocket

electronics in a plastic back on a hot day can be an issue

the neoprene also acts as a resistance to breakage in the event of a fall and is also liquid resistant

Yup, PocPac.

One for your phone. Put it in the centre pocket of your shirt.

Another for your bombs, tool, plugs etc. Put it in either side pocket of your shirt.

Apart from when you're  doing the yumps, you don't even notice they're there.

PocPac for my phone, money etc. Need to get another one for my tools. Have some ducktape stuck on the outside in case I need. Peel off easily. 

zipped pocket that fits the average smartphone? :huh:

My phone also goes in my jersey zippered pocket or the bum pocket on my baggies even if I have a back pack on. I think that if I am unlucky enough to get hijacked then will hand over the bag and the bike and can still be able to call the police quickly. 

I ride with a back pack because I can't fit all the spares I find other people needing in my jersey pockets and like to help riders if they are stuck. Also I like the phrase 'train heavy, race light'. 

Also I like the phrase 'train heavy, race light'. 

As the saying goes, "A drop of blood in training saves a bucket full on the battlefield."

From now on I will only buy tops that can zip up, never mind the cell phone, I'm sure to always put my car keys in a ziploc bag, zipped up in the shirt. Replacing modern key/remotes is not cheap especially when you get tuned that it can only be done overseas due to unique coding etc blah blah. Apart from that, nothing worse than finishing a race and then be stranded cos your keys got lost. Also you get little river crossings, it might be murphy's law and you fall, so waterproof your keys and cell regardless

Archived