Copper plating a frame

CAAD4

i love these build threads...

awesome build! and many safe miles

if you dont mind me asking, what did the copper plating cost in the end?

All witihin budget Darling..... PM Sent

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks cool - now just needs a badge on the steerer tube.... perhaps in black and copper? :)

I'm on the lookout for something different...

Looks great. The copper will tarnish so if you want to retain the shiny finish will need to polish or clear coat quite soon.

Looks great. The copper will tarnish so if you want to retain the shiny finish will need to polish or clear coat quite soon.

Thanks, it has already been clear coated. Nothing wrong with a bit of Brasso though.

really looks good man, well done! I like that you also plated the pedals, really makes it complete.  :thumbup: Enjoy the ride!

Wow that is pretty, love how the copper looks, you'll have more than just the bike thieves after you now, also the copper thieves :w00t:

You need one of these on there

http://www.brooksengland.com/images/cache/shop/shop_saddles/classic_saddles___road___mtb/swift_chrome/colors/swift_chr_honey1_w800_h600_vamiddle_jc95.jpg

A brooks Swift Chrome

You need one of these on there

http://www.brooksengland.com/images/cache/shop/shop_saddles/classic_saddles___road___mtb/swift_chrome/colors/swift_chr_honey1_w800_h600_vamiddle_jc95.jpg

A brooks Swift Chrome

Dean I seriously considered it, but the the thought of the saddle costing almost more than the rest of the bike, with the fact that I had the nostalgic need to use my own old saddle recovered in a custom design, swung it.

Who knows, maybe if I end up using it a lot, I might one day...

Guest notmyname

I schmaak the repurposed saddle. It's fitting. Great job man, I've drooled down my front and I have to go in to a meeting in a few minutes.

Archived