Garmin Edge 20 & Edge 25: World’s smallest GPS cycling computer

News bot

Really great value offering! Love the look of the 25.

Wonder how many 500 sales are going to be cannibalized?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really great value offering! Love the look of the 25.

Wonder how many 500 sales are going to be cannibalized?

I think the 20 will cannibalize the 500 while the 25 will cannibalize the 510. The 25 and the Fenix 3 are both in my wish list.

I think the 20 will cannibalize the 500 while the 25 will cannibalize the 510. The 25 and the Fenix 3 are both in my wish list.

Remember the 20 does not have heart rate and cadence so will not compete with the 500. The 25 will have heart rate and cadence, which will compete with the 500/510. The 25 just loses out to the 500/510 as does not have the ability to link the power meters.

I know from personal experience a lot of people splashed out on the 500 as they wanted heart rate and GPS. Now, they will rather go for the 25.

Remember the 20 does not have heart rate and cadence so will not compete with the 500. The 25 will have heart rate and cadence, which will compete with the 500/510. The 25 just loses out to the 500/510 as does not have the ability to link the power meters.

I know from personal experience a lot of people splashed out on the 500 as they wanted heart rate and GPS. Now, they will rather go for the 25.

Good point. Agreed.

I like the look of it, nice and compact, don't really need HR as i never use it on my 800 nor cadence as I only have 2 cadence speeds, very slow for hill climbs and slightly faster for down hills. 

Typical Garmin SA.... 6 to 8 weeks behind the rest of the world.... Hurry up Garmin SA I really want the 25 :)

mmmm.

So you like the look of the 25. It fits all the boxes and ticks all the boxes.

BUT then, you hear a rumour that some rides require the use of a GPS that can follow a track or route and guide you along said track or route.

Does the 25 fill/tick this box ?

mmmm.

So you like the look of the 25. It fits all the boxes and ticks all the boxes.

BUT then, you hear a rumour that some rides require the use of a GPS that can follow a track or route and guide you along said track or route.

Does the 25 fill/tick this box ?

yes it does

yes it does

i would be keen to see how that screen shows the route.

a quick dc rainmaker read shows it can be done, but would like to see how.

i would be keen to see how that screen shows the route.

a quick dc rainmaker read shows it can be done, but would like to see how.

Go and look at the pics / video's.

Don't be so lazy on a Friday!

It's worth checking out.

Any pricing yet?

None official local pricing.

However, if I had to speculate, at the current Exchange rate of 12 odd Zar/$ the bundle will cost R2400.

Take trade discount, shipping distributor costs into consideration, traditionally I would think they will retail it around the R2700 to R2800 mark. I may be surprised and they may aggressively price the units to compare with the US price, however I am not holding my breath. I'm preparing to probably spend closer to the R3k mark.