On Test: Giant Reign Advanced 1

Iwan Kemp

People are quick to forget just how good the original Reign was. It was arguably the first long travel bike (150mm) that could actually pedal.

Anything else by anybody else was just trying to catch up.

Don't forget the Scott MC's ..........

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the Scott MC's ..........

Similar era hey? Those were the ones with the Pull-shock behind the seat post, weren't they? My wife had a Reflex like that.

Oh FFS.

Someone asked a legitimate comparison question.

I really like the Reign. I also really like the Pascoe. I just happen to have an Enduro, but I also like the look of Trek's Remedy range, as an example.

As I said in another thread: Bikes aren't islands, singing the praises of one without being open-minded about all the other good stuff out there is just plain stupid.

Ya 100% - I am on a Spaz because its an XL, was cheapish and fitted my used 26er build kit. I'd be happy on any of those bikes and probably a few others too... If the Reign fitted 26" wheels I'd have bought the latest frame instead.

As I said in another thread: Bikes aren't islands, singing the praises of one without being open-minded about all the other good stuff out there is just plain stupid.

Yes!

• 2 weeks later...

This thing continues to surprise. And what a difference the volume reducers make to the shock... It now feels super poppy, whereas before it kinda wallowed in the mid-stroke. That's mainly due to my size though, cos at 105kg ex kit, I'm not exactly in the designers' "target range" for a Debonair / High Volume can. 

post-3056-0-25058500-1437985081_thumb.jpg

LOL. You still haven't answered me... 

Bike swap this week, tomorrow or wednesday?

When is yours arriving?

Sorry to break it to him here, but that was the last 2015 shipment. SO unless he takes a 2016 bike or hustle a bike shop with a 2015 in stock somewhere he's dead out of luck.  :ph34r:

yeah, we discussed this earlier. There isn't another Large anymore (if the one in DBVille was sold, that is) so I need to make a plan.

Let's just say there were some crossed wires. Mostly on my end. 

yeah, we discussed this earlier. There isn't another Large anymore (if the one in DBVille was sold, that is) so I need to make a plan.

Let's just say there were some crossed wires. Mostly on my end. 

Crossed wires often lead to sparks ...... shocking hey

How are you finding the rims? P-AM2?

CWC have Hope Pro 2 EVO with Flow EX for R5400... Seriously tempted to upgrade but truth be told the rims have been pretty solid so far, still running true just a ding or two on the side wall. I suppose the biggest upgrade will be a much better hub and slightly lighter wheels.