2 cyclists stabbed Black Hill

NixM

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i still say 90% of our bikes getting knicked are "per order" and instruction, 

Source? Do you have any facts?

For those considering collapsible batons, the cheap ones are chinese junk and will turn into a pretzel after the first solid hit.

ASP batons are excellent and won't deform, but they're also really pricey and pretty damn heavy: http://www.sharpedge.co.za/self-defence-security/self-defence/tactical-batons

Pepper spray can be found at any local Yale/security store. Don't forget to shake them before you go on your ride.

For those considering collapsible batons, the cheap ones are chinese junk and will turn into a pretzel after the first solid hit.

ASP batons are excellent and won't deform, but they're also really pricey and pretty damn heavy: http://www.sharpedge.co.za/self-defence-security/self-defence/tactical-batons

Pepper spray can be found at any local Yale/security store. Don't forget to shake them before you go on your ride.

:eek:  :eek: seriaaaaas,,,surely the riding bumping,jumping will do the job i would imagine after my rides that little can has been 110% warmed up and ready to go

:eek:  :eek: seriaaaaas,,,surely the riding bumping,jumping will do the job i would imagine after my rides that little can has been 110% warmed up and ready to go

My advice was for the 2 or 3 people who ride on smooth roads  :whistling: .

They never day that about my bike. Could I grab your decals? :P

The irony is that you cant see the decals during the day. They are reflective so only show up at night. Maybe they like shining things? 

i still say 90% of our bikes getting knicked are "per order" and instruction, 

Where do I place this 'order' and will they get me Cav's new Venge? 

... too soon? 

Where do I place this 'order' and will they get me Cav's new Venge? 

... too soon? 

too soon :ph34r:  :ph34r: but ive made a note :whistling:  :whistling:

Thought the skollies would still be sleeping. :huh:

Glad they're okay.

Be safe out there, Riders. 

My two cents, you can buy a GPS tracker unit off eBay for R500 for a bicycle. The cheap Chinese weapons are ideal. Pepper sprays, batons and knuckle duster, only fight if you are attacked, your bike can be replaced.

I think carrying guns is a mistake, if robbers think that we are armed then they will start shooting first before they take the bike.

My two cents, you can buy a GPS tracker unit off eBay for R500 for a bicycle. 

Do you have any links of good ones? Would think this would be a sure fire winner if they were viable.  

Do you have any links of good ones? Would think this would be a sure fire winner if they were viable.  

Look on eBay for GPS Bicycle Tracker, there is one that fits down the top tube that looks decent. It is a cylinder. I have not used one of these. I have bought a cheaper GPS kiddie watch tracker from China which I am testing on my youngest as a novelty for him, so far it works OK. Only issue was the battery life is a bit short.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coban-Brand-GPS-bicycle-tracker-GPS305-Hidden-installation-real-time-tracking-/281729395943?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4198616ce7

There is a cheaper device in the second link below, which I believe is a similar technology if you want to buy one and test it. Basically the way it works is you SMS the device and it will SMS you back the GPS coordinates. The device is configured via SMS commands.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-SPY-Vehicle-GSM-GPRS-GPS-Tracker-Car-Vehicle-Tracking-Locator-Device-TK102B-/281675760706

Think this miniature vehicle tracking device is a brilliant idea, especially as there is no monthly fees on them. Insert it inside your frame and secure with double sided tape or something. Definitely will scare some of these idiots and or possible syndicates. Hell we don't even need TRACKER lol

I couldn't see the size of the second device tho but a really good price... Any idea what they could retail for locally - add tax and vat?

Anyone here explored the options of bringing something like this in direct from the manufacturers? Considering how much insurers must be paying out for bikes these days surely there must be someone or company who can supply this locally....??

I couldn't see the size of the second device tho but a really good price... Any idea what they could retail for locally - add tax and vat?

Anyone here explored the options of bringing something like this in direct from the manufacturers? Considering how much insurers must be paying out for bikes these days surely there must be someone or company who can supply this locally....??

I bought one similar to the second one a while ago on ebay, it only recently arrived (thanks sapo) but i have not had time to play with it. As far as i know the one i got works of gsm towers so it will give you a basic idea of where it is and not the actual gps location but like i said i still have to play with it.

Archived