2 cyclists stabbed Black Hill

NixM

So it seems one of the stolen bikes was recovered and two arrests have been made! Dont have anymore info than that at present.

City have confirmed that they will be moving forward with the alien clearing asap.

Good news all round!

Stolen bike and arrests were not from the blackhill incident!

At least its still 1 victory for mtbikers vs muggers!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody got together to talk safety.........

......and guess who didn't attend the meeting........yes, you guessed right, SANParks! You get a black mark Parks! :thumbdown: (Hope they have a sick note from their mom. :ph34r: )

Allan Winde gets a gold star, and he has quite a collection of those already! :thumbup:

Truly useless bunch that.

I phoned TMNP emergency number on Saturday evening to report something suspect on Blackhill (the same Saturday that the muggings happened there in the morning) and was asked "where is Blackhill?" ... gobsmacked.

Seems everyone across the board, from cyclists to runners to hikers to dog walkers, is completely fed up with them but they just couldn't give a damn. All they're interested in is taking our money for permits or fines.

We all know the fires and catastrophic consequences were almost a direct result of their own lack of concern for the mountain (we have tried repeatedly to report incidents of people making fires above Kalk Bay) and yet there is no change in their atitude - instead they put a heap of rangers at the wagon trail to fine you if you want to so much as sniff whats left of the fynbos but where are they when you're being held up at the end of a panga?

Rant aside, huge well done to dirtfreak & co for their efforts to build the track, very nicely done :) One day when I'm big ... (is it wide enough for my training wheels?)

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know more about the sjambok incidents on Black Hill yesterday?

Something along the lines of a car driving past cyclists and the passenger leaning out the window with a sjambok.

Something along the lines of a car driving past cyclists and the passenger leaning out the window with a sjambok.

sounds like that whipping crew at stellies went GTA in the south

No, but I sure could have done with some whipping to get me up a headwind and Black Hill this morning. :blush:  

Wtf ????

Yes three black males from the naval base went on an early morning joy ride armed with a vw polo and sjamboks. They came up behind a group of cyclists and sjamboked them. One f the cyclists was (edited).
They got the reg number and reported the incident. The driver was traced to the sa navy.

Yes three black males from the naval base went on an early morning joy ride armed with a vw polo and sjamboks. They came up behind a group of cyclists and sjamboked them. One f the cyclists was Neville Craig of epic bike shop.

They got the reg number and reported the incident. The driver was traced to the sa navy.

This country...

Yes three black males from the naval base went on an early morning joy ride armed with a vw polo and sjamboks. They came up behind a group of cyclists and sjamboked them. One f the cyclists was Neville Craig of epic bike shop.

They should revive the age old punishment of keel-hauling especially for these idiots!

Seriously. ...WTF. ..????????????

its highly likely alcohol was involved.

Secondly, lets face it, this level of callous stupidity is not confined to SA. But we do appear to dig deeper to find new levels of inhumanity than many other places.

Hopefully the cops do their job and a charge of assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm is laid. THe FH's will then also be court marshalled and dishonourably discharged after missing summer in the stockade.

but maybe I'm only dreaming...

I was one of 4 riders that were hit over the head and back at approx 7.15am at the bottom of Blackhill, Sun Valley side. Culprits are based at the Marintime Warefare Division at the Simons Town Naval base and have been identified. Senior navy personel along with Saps will take action tomorrow. They are gonna be toast.

Was it not for specs or helmut we would have had some serious injuries. My friend got nailed badly across his back. Pics of all injuries and case numbers have been forwarded to Senior Ranked officials in the Navy who along with SAPS will bring them to book.

Archived