2 cyclists stabbed Black Hill

NixM

Happened this morning on Black hill coming over from Sun Valley side.

2 scumbags hiding in bushes jumped out and stabbed the cyclists, got on their mountain bikes and rode off.

My mother had just ridden passed alone but they didn't seem to want her midrange silverback road bike.

Cyclelab guys further back stopped to help and call cops. Guys are apparently okay, all the info is via my mom so not sure exact details.

It's got crazy dangerous here in the Cape.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest notmyname

Good lawdi. Someone is going to shoot one of these bike jacker pricks and then sh*t is going to go hay wire. Hope the victims are okay.

I was down the road  at Black Hill jumps when it happened.

Be on the look out for a Black & Orange Santacruz.

Eish I hope the guys are ok! That sucks big time. Going to have to be careful when I ride there.

Happened this morning on Black hill coming over from Sun Valley side.

2 scumbags hiding in bushes jumped out and stabbed the cyclists, got on their mountain bikes and rode off.

My mother had just ridden passed alone but they didn't seem to want her midrange silverback road bike.

Cyclelab guys further back stopped to help and call cops. Guys are apparently okay, all the info is via my mom so not sure exact details.

It's got crazy dangerous here in the Cape.

On which side did it happen Nix? Glencairn or Capri/Sun Valley?

"rant on"

i'm so sick of hearing of this sh####T... i might be wrong but its time we rise up. whenever dodgy characters are seen on our trails we just get off the bike and give to them what is served....insurance is one thing but a life is not replaceable. if you are on a group ride and spot one of these mofo's get off the bike and start shaking them down.like a wolf pack...as has happened to me in past-let us be feared and not them.

"rant over"

masiphumelele is the first place to look then ocean view lots of trash hides in those communities   :ph34r:

at least riders are ok

****... I normally go up there alone..

Sigh.. There is no safe road for us.

Maybe it's good time to buy a gun

Rode past just after. One of the guys had a gash on his knee. Assume that was where he was stabbed, think the other guy came away unscathed.

We saw the guys standing on the road just before the top on the Sun Valley side.

I didn't establish if they were attacked on the road or had walked up to the road from the bush. Are there MTB trail just off the road there?

I've been riding the mountain between redhill and blackhill for a while now and it is definately getting more dangerous! This is not the first time mtb tiders have been targeted. Jamo Davies etc etc Hell man as mtb bikers we are under serious pressure here in the deep south for places to ride that are relatively safe! Apart from the limited locations we can ride now since Tokai and Silvermine are closed, it is getting more and more dangerous to ride alone or in pairs! So bleak about this. We just have to make sure we dont buy "bargains" that seem too good to be true so we dont fuel this bike jacking trend! It's hard to defend yourself from guys jumping out the bushes but we have to find a way to reduce the "soft target" scenario we are at the moment! I remember when we were told to offer no ressistance when being car jacked and look how that has continued to evolve! Mace, guns, where do we go from here apart from becomming roadies and having to deal with cars and busses! Damn I am so pissed about this and do sick of people feeling entitled and behaving like savages!

Archived