The Salvage Thread

Eldron

Grebel not sure if its the same one, but we fixed my friends took a lathe and turned a old bolt into a new fitting.

His has alen key on both sides, one side into fork and other to expand it in place. Expansion one got stripped in his case.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is some random treasurejunk I found. It gets tossed on Friday - yours for gratis if you want it before then....

Maxxis Ikon and GEAX Saguaro 29 about 50% life

Shimano brake pads 50% life

Old Ambrosio box section wheels (straightish) with some skanky tyres

7 speed shimano cassette, right sti, rd and chain (no LH sti)

Shimano rs10 rear wheel no skewer

FSA seat post 31.6x350mm

Oooold time pedals

Ooold egg beaters

Random cleats and covers

Collection only - no delivery.

post-2412-0-72923900-1481520270_thumb.jpg

post-2412-0-05865800-1481520286_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eldron

Grebel not sure if its the same one, but we fixed my friends took a lathe and turned a old bolt into a new fitting.

His has alen key on both sides, one side into fork and other to expand it in place. Expansion one got stripped in his case.

On mine, it is the thread on the axle itself that screws into the fork that is damaged. There is enough to get it to bite. It has an internal (10mm allen socket on the RHS.) I machined up 2 stainless inserts and used a rear QR skewer. Plug goes in each side and the skewer pulls the whole lot together. (Along with the axle of course!) Been like that for a while now and holding strong. Raced a whole season with that arrangement. 

Here is some random treasurejunk I found. It gets tossed on Friday - yours for gratis if you want it before then....

Maxxis Ikon and GEAX Saguaro 29 about 50% life

Shimano brake pads 50% life

Old Ambrosio box section wheels (straightish) with some skanky tyres

7 speed shimano cassette, right sti, rd and chain (no LH sti)

Shimano rs10 rear wheel no skewer

FSA seat post 31.6x350mm

Oooold time pedals

Ooold egg beaters

Random cleats and covers

Collection only - no delivery.

Pity its the RS10 rear. I'm still looking for bearing cones for my RS10 front

http://images.singletracks.com/2013/12/DNM-DV-22-Rear-Shock-1.jpghttp://www.dnmshock.com/products.php?func=p_detail&p_id=44&pc_parent=5

165mm i2i

I have this thing. Its 'new' and unused. But must have been stashed for over a year.

Got it from my folks in Oz for an experiment that just never materialized (don't ask) Maybe it can be of use to someone.

I like coffee beans and other stuff too

Popcorn skollie, I am after a shock like that for an ancient mbt tandem.

Is it still available?

2 boxes of popcorn or two nice coffees are awaiting the exchange of hands

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Hey guys.

Initially a bit hesitant to post here, seeing I have such a low post count. But is there anybody with in the Cape Town area that has something similar to this

http://img1.bikepointsc.com.br/upload/g/g11442_1.jpg

its for my avalanche, 3x9. A bit tight with cash, so not expecting new or top notch items. Also need a mechanical front brake caliper. Mine snapped off. Lemme know what price you guys looking at.

Thanx

Sent you a pm

Popcorn skollie, I am after a shock like that for an ancient mbt tandem.

Is it still available?

2 boxes of popcorn or two nice coffees are awaiting the exchange of hands

Haha. Sounds as good a deal as any.

post-2231-0-98997400-1482237316_thumb.jpg

post-2231-0-73711500-1482237342_thumb.jpg

post-2231-0-00662300-1482237363_thumb.jpg

Giant Lock on grips, used and worn, not torn, still comfy and not a sticky mess - to swop for a good joke, collect only, won't ship anywhere. Bargain if I've ever seen one. I won't judge you for being a cheapskate, only for being a good comedian.

Chainrings - 9/10spd big rings PCD 104mm - to swop for two flip top Grolsch's each, but collect only. Truvativ Trushift from a Firex crankset - very little use. Shimano LX ring, one tooth missing from a rockstrike, still works fine, loads of life left otherwise - also great alternative ninja star, sadistic frisbee, or surprisingly effective handsaw.

I thought I'd just post this in here as well. I'm needing support to build a bike for someone. Please help...

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/164880-i-would-really-like-to-get-somebody-back-into-cycling-please-help/

Although I really need some help, I feel a bit as if I'm misusing The Salvage Thread-Is there a separate thread for this perhaps?

This thread gets a lot of attention and views though, hence the post...

Check out Eldrons post. Something you can use?

K1 canoe up for grabs.  Not sure of the model but the deck is flat.  Seat included.

Yours for collection.

Still available.  Just hangin.............

Check out Eldrons post. Something you can use?

I inquired about it something like an hour after it was posted, but everything was already taken...

Sorted with my brakes, got hydraulic set cheap cheap. Anyway, looking for a pair of 26" mtb wheels. Currently have a pair of not ao good speed disc qr rims with shimano 495 centre lock hubs front and bact. Looking for a direct replacement if anybody has anything, pls lemme know. Im in CT.