Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve back in business

awesme

You have to be a rock not to know which way is which.  :whistling:

Then revert to Patch's suggestion.....!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they genuinely don't know which direction to ride, and are mumbling such? 

Never ridden there,.....................................

So fully qualified to comment then.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they genuinely don't know which direction to ride, and are mumbling such? 

Never ridden there, but I think you can take a short cut by going contra-flow? Was it on this section? In which case, maybe they were knackered and had to cut things short for the day? In which case, one would hope that a reasonable "Sorry lads......wrong way.. everyone's safety...." type chat would make them think twice about doing it next time? Sometimes the gentlest comment has the desired effect once it has sunk in later? 

Or........!!!! 

Granted one guy stopped and turned around quickly after a few people behind me had also told him to turn around, he looked genuinely confused and seemed to have missed the turn of split after the 100 odd meters of dual carriage way.

But the others looked to know where they were going and what they were doing.

Maybe waving them down and having a chat with them is the next best thing other than shouting on the fly by.

snip*

Maybe waving them down and having a chat with them is the next best thing other than shouting on the fly by.

Start the conversation with.... "Do you have a moment, I would like to tell you bout my faith."

Then go straight into "just ride the right way round dude" he will be so relieved that he will just turn around.

Great riding at SBR - tough climbs and fast corners. Smacked a PB this weekend, even with the nasty head wind...

Give respect to the downhill corners! If you're a hacker like me, this will be your last view before meeting the bush (if you lucky) :eek:. Glad we found the camera...

post-47220-0-09485100-1441021450_thumb.jpg

Great riding at SBR - tough climbs and fast corners. Smacked a PB this weekend, even with the nasty head wind...

Give respect to the downhill corners! If you're a hacker like me, this will be your last view before meeting the bush (if you lucky) :eek:. Glad we found the camera...

Yup big respect to that section as you drop off the plateau, Saturday had a slight tailwind and overshot the first few corners by quite a bit... at one stage even started considering my ejection route before i finally got it around the corner.

Glad you you're safe and able to tell the tale...  :thumbup:

Think I was VERY lucky. So busy admiring my buddies cornering skills, I realised too late that I had a bad line for that tight corner. At 53km/hr, I hit the back breaks and the back wheel skidded out to the right. I released the break and reapplied the break with a 2nd back wheel slide. So decided that the best would be to take the corner head on...as you can see by the pic, I stopped dead at around 45km/hr and went tumbling into the soft grass!

A few bruises and scratches with a small scratch on the wheels :thumbup: The rear tyre burst a few minutes later. A quick tube change and off we went... 

Needless to say, I hit the corners this weekend will dead focus and all my attention :whistling:

Think I was VERY lucky. So busy admiring my buddies cornering skills, I realised too late that I had a bad line for that tight corner. At 53km/hr, I hit the back breaks and the back wheel skidded out to the right. I released the break and reapplied the break with a 2nd back wheel slide. So decided that the best would be to take the corner head on...as you can see by the pic, I stopped dead at around 45km/hr and went tumbling into the soft grass!

A few bruises and scratches with a small scratch on the wheels :thumbup: The rear tyre burst a few minutes later. A quick tube change and off we went... 

Needless to say, I hit the corners this weekend will dead focus and all my attention :whistling:

Hard luck with the crash, hope you build up enough confidence to take those bends at high speed.

Did you break your brakes too, or do they still work?  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Hard luck with the crash, hope you build up enough confidence to take those bends at high speed.

Did you break your brakes too, or do they still work?  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Thanks for the edit. I just need to stop being a Clown on the bike! And I thought this Roadie thing was a piece of cake :ph34r: Nice wake up call!

Thanks for the edit. I just need to stop being a Clown on the bike! And I thought this Roadie thing was a piece of cake :ph34r: Nice wake up call!

Lucky you're okay. I've seen a few guys go down hard, with one that had to be taken out by ambulance - and that's only on training rides (not racing like the R4V). Time seemed to stand still waiting for the ambulance.

Grateful I was introduced to the park! An absolute spoil to ride there! Plan to do many more SAFE rides there.

Still some cyclists trying to spoil it for the rest of us, cycling the wrong way round heading back I assume to the Karee Kloof entrance on Saturday morning. The place has only just re-opened and already idiots throughing cyclists name away.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived