Popups *ping admin*

Latent_Blue

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

adblock in chrome...... 5 ads blocked this morning on thehub.  

Since installing that this morning it already blocked 201 adds!!! woh!

*on vaious sites - not just theHub

Edited by Latent_Blue

Hi all,

We've disabled all external advertising networks for the moment. These fill any advertising space we've not sold directly and are the most likely source for this dodgy popup.

If anyone encounters the same pop up from now on please let me know.

Advertising is our primary source of funding and as such we're very careful not to allow any invasive or obtrusive advertising like these popups. 

While I'm not going to request people don't use ad block I will ask that you consider setting it to allow ads while browsing thehubsa.co.za. 

Thanks,

Matt

That isn't The Hub rather you managed to pick up some unwanted adware on your pc, try this to remove it -

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ams1-ib-adnxs-com-removal/

Reading your link, it says this should open each time you open a new tab. My question, why is this only happening on the hub? Secondly, I'm not opening a new tab when this comes up. I stand to be corrected but I remember this happening when the page loaded.

Same on my machine. New Windows installation with not much surfing action as yet. Cant see any Malware being installed on it.

Reading your link, it says this should open each time you open a new tab. My question, why is this only happening on the hub? Secondly, I'm not opening a new tab when this comes up. I stand to be corrected but I remember this happening when the page loaded.

Honestly no idea but it's probably worth spending a few minutes going through the process shown there and seeing if it helps.

Another trick these scamsters use is to automatically change default page or icon target.

In your taskbar, right click on the Chrome icon. Go down do Google Chrome and right click on it then click on properties.

Under the shortcut tab what it says in "Target" block. For Chrome it should at and with ...\Application\chrome.exe"

If you've managed to pick up and add on it will hide here. Delete whatever else is after the " and click Apply.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had any pop-ups. Running the AdBlock Plus extension on Chrome though. 

Since installation on 15 jul mine has blocked "3885 in total"

woh

• 1 year later...

Been getting some strange ads lately. I haven't tried it yet, but there's a feature in Advanced System Care 10.1 that apparently blocks ads.