Stolen: Merida Big 9 2014 (Cape Town)

am2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't happen often, robbed of your bike while doing a race on the official race route?

Sorry to hear op, hope your bike crops up.

Edited by Skylark

Omg that is the horrific. So sorry to hear.

Surely its time for the people who make a living out of cycling (retailers, wholesalers, event organisers) to start putting pressure on our wonderful western cape government to try and improve cycling safety. Or maybe its just easier to sell a new bike once someone has been hijacked.

This is totally unacceptable they race organisers should compensate you on a new bike.......what time did this happen and on what part of the route......i cant believe this time to take some action and take law into on hands as clearly nothing is being done

The center of the red circle is about spot on the police station...

Was it on the race route or after you left the race finish?

Criminals not scared.... they rule this country

On the 50km route

Just after waterworks going through bushes

I dont have much hope of compensation... Had a a proper look at that indemnity form they force us to sign...

The race admin didn't seem to care much either

Not going to leave it there though

Sorry to hear . That is bad man. Okes what is going on in the Western Cape? Bike thefts almost daily

Sorry about your bike dude... Ridiculous that this happens. Especially in the given circumstances.

What can we do about this? Is there no way we can all start marking our bikes in a way that makes them un-sellable. Think along the lines of Data Dot.

You can datadot your bike. The guys were promoting it at the Knysna Oyster festival. But I doubt that will stop them from stealing it. 

I read on facebook she deviated from the marked route, dont know if this is true but yes the hill up on the concrete is a known hot spot. Apparently two more guys were "attacked" yesterday (i think) with a panga and a knife as well. But they managed to get away.