Louis Harmse/Spectrum Sport Sore losers!!!

.Heinz

my 2 cents - age category errors happen all the time because different events use different criteria. This is why category results are posted before prizegiving to iron out these issues. You will not believe how many people just dont look at these and then complain afterwards..tough takkies boet - thats the reason they post them up before second point - and in no means saying the OP falls in this category....but youth age categories are the worst...reason...parents are involved - and all parents feel that their little mary and johnny have been hard done by

Reply to your first point: I did check the results and there I was listed as youth

Second point: My parents are the least involved hear, I'm posting this tread, and I was the one to report him without my dad who was still busy racing at that stage!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like the organisers stuffed up and owe him an apology for their prizes (or lack thereof). The other claims are possibly made in anger and probably should not have been made openly. I'm sure we will forgive an u/16 for responding like that when the adults involved respond in such an aggressive manner - maybe try to avoid throwing the law textbook at the u/16 cyclist with claims of defamation! 

Reply to your first point: I did check the results and there I was listed as youthSecond point: My parents are the least involved hear, I'm posting this tread, and I was the one to report him without my dad who was still busy racing at that stage!

From an old ballie to a youth: repeat after me 'It just isn' t that important'. Well done on the ride, but let it go. And next time, record the conversation and post it here.

From an old ballie to a youth: repeat after me 'It just isn' t that important'. Well done on the ride, but let it go. And next time, record the conversation and post it here.

If a youth rider is not important who will represent SA in the future?

From a youth rider to an old ballie " I can still have a future in the sport"

Sorry for every one to whom this sounds arogant

Give them hell Heinz but please make sure all the facts are on the table and that there isnt another version of the truth.

I agree with you, why should you let it go? If they want to host and run an event they sure as hell have to make sure they can do it professionally

Guest notmyname

There is truth in what you say. BUT, be the bigger person and move on. To continue going on and on and on is making you look like a tjop.

Good on you OP for bringing this up. Unfortunately some older people still believe in "hou jou bek en sit stil" towards the younger generation. Its their way of using intimidation and scare tactics.

I believe everyone that accomplishes a podium should be recognised. Even more so for youngsters.

Take this one on the chin, learn from it, and become better

Good on you OP for bringing this up. Unfortunately some older people still believe in "hou jou bek en sit stil" towards the younger generation. Its their way of using intimidation and scare tactics.

I believe everyone that accomplishes a podium should be recognised. Even more so for youngsters.

+ 1000

Youth riders are very important, I actually coach another sport, and I myself got to national level. I never knew who was cheating, or what type of nonsense was going on with my competitors, but long-term it will not matter what happened at one race. Channel your frustration into your training and destroy the guy in the next race.

Will repeat my question from earlier: Have you pursued this with the CSA?

No not yet, but will definitely be thinking about it!

Give them hell Heinz but please make sure all the facts are on the table and that there isnt another version of the truth.

I agree with you, why should you let it go? If they want to host and run an event they sure as hell have to make sure they can do it professionally

Agree, give them hell - but make sure you have all the facts. Your version of facts may be very different from theirs.

However, you have stated your problem. Now please state what your desired outcome is ? What do you want from this ? The problem with complaining is people complain to complain. They do not often think about how they would like the situation resolved to their satisfaction.

So what would make you happy here ? Because currently as I am reading this all you want to do is bring shame on the organisers and have a place to vent your anger. Hell man it is a school day and you are on the hub ...

Youth riders are very important, I actually coach another sport, and I myself got to national level. I never knew who was cheating, or what type of nonsense was going on with my competitors, but long-term it will not matter what happened at one race. Channel your frustration into your training and destroy the guy in the next race.

I will be using this to train harder but the guy I'll be training to beat is 26(10 years older than me)

The fact that "it happens often" and "it will make you a better rider" doesn't make it right. In principle the event organiser was wrong and the OP is well within his rights to make his concerns known.

I'll back the little guy over the arrogant big guy any day of the week.

No not yet, but will definitely be thinking about it!

answers my question above.

if it is that important to you, you should be drafting a letter to the CSA about this matter and not spending time here.

Agree, give them hell - but make sure you have all the facts. Your version of facts may be very different from theirs.

However, you have stated your problem. Now please state what your desired outcome is ? What do you want from this ? The problem with complaining is people complain to complain. They do not often think about how they would like the situation resolved to their satisfaction.

So what would make you happy here ? Because currently as I am reading this all you want to do is bring shame on the organisers and have a place to vent your anger. Hell man it is a school day and you are on the hub ...

All I want out of this is an apology from SS and to bring it to people's attention, because this happens all the time but just slides under the radar Zander I decided it is not going to be the same with me

(P.S. I have an off period )

Archived