Louis Harmse/Spectrum Sport Sore losers!!!

.Heinz

I will be using this to train harder but the guy I'll be training to beat is 26(10 years older than me)

Excellent! Kick butt, Heinz. And take Slowbee's advice if you take it further above here. Very true.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I want out of this is an apology from SS and to bring it to people's attention, because this happens all the time but just slides under the radar Zander I decided it is not going to be the same with me

(P.S. I have an off period )

well great, you have brought this to our attention

but are you expecting us to go to the organisers on your behalf, or have you contacted them directly to defend your case ? you reported the issue and in reporting you did not get what you had hoped for. so are you going to go back to them ?

I will be using this to train harder but the guy I'll be training to beat is 26(10 years older than me)

Dude, in a few years you will be saying, "I'll be training harder to beat the guy that is 10 years younger than me." Age is a fact of life. Get used to it.

I'm not in agreement with the sentiment that this happens and the OP

must just move on! Good on the OP for blowing the whistle. Based on his

version, he did the right thing - the other side has the opportunity to

counter the OP's claims!

That's why our society lost it's way - we accept the wrong and tell the

whistleblower to move on! That's crap - we need to call out those who

don't play by the rules! Finish en klaar!

If there is a different version, let us hear that version!

As a member of the HUB family (or is it the HUB mob!) I believe fair play and don't care whether other people don't!

The way I see it: this does not sound like sour grapes from the OP - the response to the OP's claim rather sounds like Mac Maharaj is back from

retirement!

Safe cycling and keep to the rules!

well great, you have brought this to our attention

but are you expecting us to go to the organisers on your behalf, or have you contacted them directly to defend your case ? you reported the issue and in reporting you did not get what you had hoped for. so are you going to go back to them ?

I've already contacted them directly and Louis Harms Snr hang the phone up in my ear, so nou that I've bring to to your attention I think all take it another step further and talk to csa!!

Thanks for the advice Slowbee

Dude, in a few years you will be saying, "I'll be training harder to beat the guy that is 10 years younger than me." Age is a fact of life. Get used to it.

Slowbee please chill with the life lessons

...(P.S. I have an off period )...

Loving it! people who sit at work and gets paid to work giving you the gears about what you do in your off period. I suppose the rest of us are on a "tea break?" 

My guess is that you came here to:

1. Bring bring to the cycling community's attention

2. Get some advice on how to deal with it

3. Try and get a response from the orginisers and timers about the event, which if was satisfactory would not have warranted further action. 

Take it to CSA if the response was unsatisfactory and you still feel hard done by. 

And by the way, RESPEKT. I would not have handled it all that well if this happened to me at 16. You've held your own against serial trolls and professional keyboard ninjas like myself very well here. 

Loving it! people who sit at work and gets paid to work giving you the gears about what you do in your off period. I suppose the rest of us are on a "tea break?" 

3. Try and get a response from the orginisers and timers about the event, which if was satisfactory would not have warranted further action. 

Take it to CSA if the response was unsatisfactory and you still feel hard done by. 

And by the way, RESPEKT. I would not have handled it all that well if this happened to me at 16. You've held your own against serial trolls and professional keyboard ninjas like myself very well here. 

Good post guy  :thumbup:

Thanks for the awesome reply!!

I really don't like it when they treat the youngsters unfairly.. To us adults it matters not, but the youngster really do deserve the recognition for a fine result.

And good on the OP for standing up for himself.

I really don't like it when they treat the youngsters unfairly.. To us adults it matters not, but the youngster really do deserve the recognition for a fine result.

And good on the OP for standing up for himself.

agree about this - we should be promoting and encouraging youth...not pissing them off

As I have replied before, I have gathered the facts and tried to sort this thing out without involving anyone or anything else. But after the selfone conversation where we told Louis Snr we would make this viral he also stated "you can take this wherever you like" and here we are now!!!

.Heinz

as much as you are entitled to your opinion, and i am all for that, what you are doing now however is unfair and untruthful. I have just spoken to Louis who explained that you in fact (the father of the rider involved) were the one that was aggressive and threatened to take this matter to CSA after which louis told you that you are welcome to do so as there are NO regulations from CSA as to what the prizes must be at a race and that it is up to the discretion of the organizer to decide what prizes are awarded.

The discussion got heated after you claimed that Louis Jnr made a big scene about his time penalty. and that he changed the prize results to spite you. Louis as all of us will, will defend his child after you make a false claim like this. Just for the record, Both the winner of the 36km race and the guy that came second as well as myself where present when the commissaire told Louis Jnr that he will receive a time penalty and he accepted it graciously. You then also state that the category was youth and then changed to Junior? this is an outright lie! I challenge you to substantiate any of these claims!

Again some facts:

1.Prize money for the 35km was for 1st and 2nd place (this is the structure that Spectrum sport has used on most of their previous races) this is a contentious point and i personally understand that 3rd position may feel aggrieved about this. Spectrum sport reserve the right to review this at future races.

2. It was a mistake to not recognise the Youth cat and this will be rectified in future.

3. Please note that if this whole matter revolves around the recognition of the rider (or the father) then i take pleasure in stating the following:

Heinz Mittermaier officially took 3rd place at the 36 Km Clotan steel MTB race after lodging a protest with the race commissaire. The results will reflect on SA seeding as follows:

Pos 3 Time 01:19:12 Race Number 8375T Mittermaier Heinz M 36Km Youth M

4. Please contact me via PM so i can arrange a hamper for your 1st place in the Youth Category.

icannot rely on you to provide factual/truthful information regarding this matter and therefore i will refrain from debating this matter any further.

5. Luckily, Louis Harmse is well known in the sporting industry and everybody that knows him will attest to his character.

Now this is good advice !!

Let me go enjoy my tea break!

.Heinz

as much as you are entitled to your opinion, and i am all for that, what you are doing now however is unfair and untruthful. I have just spoken to Louis who explained that you in fact (the father of the rider involved) were the one that was aggressive and threatened to take this matter to CSA after which louis told you that you are welcome to do so as there are NO regulations from CSA as to what the prizes must be at a race and that it is up to the discretion of the organizer to decide what prizes are awarded.

The discussion got heated after you claimed that Louis Jnr made a big scene about his time penalty. and that he changed the prize results to spite you. Louis as all of us will, will defend his child after you make a false claim like this. Just for the record, Both the winner of the 36km race and the guy that came second as well as myself where present when the commissaire told Louis Jnr that he will receive a time penalty and he accepted it graciously. You then also state that the category was youth and then changed to Junior? this is an outright lie! I challenge you to substantiate any of these claims!

Again some facts:

1.Prize money for the 35km was for 1st and 2nd place (this is the structure that Spectrum sport has used on most of their previous races) this is a contentious point and i personally understand that 3rd position may feel aggrieved about this. Spectrum sport reserve the right to review this at future races.

2. It was a mistake to not recognise the Youth cat and this will be rectified in future.

3. Please note that if this whole matter revolves around the recognition of the rider (or the father) then i take pleasure in stating the following:

Heinz Mittermaier officially took 3rd place at the 36 Km Clotan steel MTB race after lodging a protest with the race commissaire. The results will reflect on SA seeding as follows:

4. Please contact me via PM so i can arrange a hamper for your 1st place in the Youth Category.

icannot rely on you to provide factual/truthful information regarding this matter and therefore i will refrain from debating this matter any further.

5. Luckily, Louis Harmse is well known in the sporting industry and everybody that knows him will attest to his character.

As it is with every story in thee world, it is your story against mine

Me and my father called Louis Snr and he kept interrupting us, not giving us a chance to speak... After a long wait my father said this is not going anywhere so he said we Wil make this viral and he said what he said and hung the phone up

And it is the first time I hear you only give prizes for the first 2, I've hear about 1st and top 3 not top 2

.Heinz

The discussion got heated after you claimed that Louis Jnr made a big scene about his time penalty. and that he changed the prize results to spite you. Louis as all of us will, will defend his child after you make a false claim like this. Just for the record, Both the winner of the 36km race and the guy that came second as well as myself where present when the commissaire told Louis Jnr that he will receive a time penalty and he accepted it graciously. You then also state that the category was youth and then changed to Junior? this is an outright lie! I challenge you to substantiate any of these claims!

Again some facts:

Well it is now clear you were part of the organizing of the race. 

my 2 cents - age category errors happen all the time because different events use different criteria. This is why category results are posted before prizegiving to iron out these issues. You will not believe how many people just dont look at these and then complain afterwards..tough takkies boet - thats the reason they post them up before

second point - and in no means saying the OP falls in this category....but youth age categories are the worst...reason...parents are involved - and all parents feel that their little mary and johnny have been hard done by

Yes,

My son for instance won a 20 km road race with a day licence last year .

At prize giving they told him sorry , he does not have annual membership and therefore does not qualify for prize.

That when you do not licence for events under 30 km.

So the youth prizes always an issue.

Archived