ScottCM

A “Well done, would love to see some stats” would have been an appropriate response. But calling it BS because according to you a triathlete in lockdown is not capable of such times is just uncalled for.

I've looked through a lot of the thread - assuming Cuan's - I thinking suggesting he called it BS is a little strong. He accepts RD is capable of it, and does ask for stats. 

Why can't he ask for the proof?  Agree the triathlete part isn't necessary, but running sub 2:50m/km is properly quick for anybody especially on the road.

Only one local athlete has gone under 14:00 this year on the track and RD would need to improve by 19 seconds from his PB on the track. Last year 3. It's a big call. 

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I claimed my 5km pb on a non race..i.e just myself running. But it was round the track... So I put in my 12.5 laps

I would say that a tracki s measured, non assisted and hard to be net downhill

Why is everyone getting worked up about RD blowing his own trumpet??.... will only matter come race day whenever that may be.

Many will post sub 3, 94.7 or Argus, sub 3:30 or sub 3 marathon etc or even a pb when out on a training run.

Not really seeing what all the fuss is about... apart from he is training hard... and others are not.....

Race day is only when it counts!

I've looked through a lot of the thread - assuming Cuan's - I thinking suggesting he called it BS is a little strong. He accepts RD is capable of it, and does ask for stats.

Why can't he ask for the proof? Agree the triathlete part isn't necessary, but running sub 2:50m/km is properly quick for anybody especially on the road.

Only one local athlete has gone under 14:00 this year on the track and RD would need to improve by 19 seconds from his PB on the track. Last year 3. It's a big call.

Why would another athlete feel the need to ask RD if his watch is broken? Just silly. If the stats are proper they will have a go at the drafting, elevation etc. I think its a hard pill to swallow when you realise a triathlete is faster than SA track stars.

Many will post sub 3, 94.7 or Argus, sub 3:30 or sub 3 marathon etc or even a pb when out on a training run.

A sub 3 Argus and a world champion claiming to have run a sub 14 is just a tiny wee bit different. Edited by Mudsimus

I've been running in them for 6 years now.... But I feel like I need a change.. Gonna give Brookes adrenaline a bash

Depending on the amount of support you need, you can look at Ravenna as well.  Light support, but fantastic shoe.  Not many other brands has this type of support shoe.

A sub 3 Argus and a world champion claiming to have run a sub 14 is just a tiny wee bit different.

Maybe but not in my books, is just someone boasting .....as I said it only counts on race day!

Yesterday’s easy long run became an unplanned marathon. 

Ok, I'll bite... Is that part of Bloem under level 3 lockdown? I need to go run there...  :P

Why would another athlete feel the need to ask RD if his watch is broken? Just silly. If the stats are proper they will have a go at the drafting, elevation etc. I think its a hard pill to swallow when you realise a triathlete is faster than SA track stars.

That was an interesting comment indeed, but then that particular individual seems to say a lot of rather strange things. Probably best ignored most of the time. 

Track stars? Are those the same as our MTB'ing legends in their own minds stars? They are 20-25 seconds off Oly Q std, let alone competing for medals. The SA mentality of being good at local races makes you a star. Now that is BS. RD has the upper hand on them there, he has done it on the big stage in his discipline. 

Maybe but not in my books, is just someone boasting .....as I said it only counts on race day!

I couldn't give a hoot if he is boasting or not, I'm interested in the run part.

That said, he posted another teaser video about the run. Let's see where this goes.

Ok, I'll bite... Is that part of Bloem under level 3 lockdown? I need to go run there... :P

It was an essential run.

Well done to Richard!

Richard have mentioned making use of the Stryd pod with his recovery, hopefully he has used it and will provide all of the data to support his effort.

Supporting both Henri and Richard for medal hopes at the Olympics. 

Well done to Richard!

Richard have mentioned making use of the Stryd pod with his recovery, hopefully he has used it and will provide all of the data to support his effort.

Supporting both Henri and Richard for medal hopes at the Olympics.

This is why I find this interesting. Obviously Olympics is no more. But Richard seems to have gotten his training spot on. Must be so frustrating.

This is why I find this interesting. Obviously Olympics is no more. But Richard seems to have gotten his training spot on. Must be so frustrating.

The coach of Richard is highly respected.

The coach of Annemiek van Vleuten.

Libby Barrel gave Richard`s effort a thumbs up.

Henri schoeman ran a road race in Kzn earlier this year ( best of the best ) He was 3rd overall in the 10km with a time of 30.04 and that was against some elite road runners.

Those triathletes are just on another level.