ScottCM

are they gold lined?

my last pair GT2000's cost 1800 - and that was the most I have paid in a long time. I normally pay anything from 1200 to 1500 by buying last years model at the beginning of the year.

Our Gel Nimbus are *** expensive... I've also never paid full price though - most I've spent at this point was R1900. Still seriously stupid money though for some fabricated panels sewn together

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/asics-womens-gel-nimbus-19-road-running-shoes

I see they are a bit cheaper now... Sorry forgot about the 25% Vitality discount... so that is R1950. 

That is the going rate for Asics!!!! 

This is the main reason why I am considering to move to another brand. 

I bought a pair of 18's at the OMTOM Expo for cheaper, so at least I am covered for the next year up to Comrades.

I get about 900km per pair, so that is R2,17 per km!!!  :cursing:

I've wondered this same thing for a while... I mean a Garmin Fenix 5 is worth the same as a cellphone. But resale and use to them, it is just fortunately not the same - there is little demand for our running gear at their real value (touch on wood). 

I run past a few vagrants pretty much every run I do, I great them all and think little of it - even in the dark, although I do stay clear of the isolated dark parts of the parks at night. I've never really felt unsafe.

That said, would I let my wife run my routes alone in the evening... most certainly not, but also mainly for other reasons. :mellow:

Same here.  With me being broken at this stage, and not being able to run, I tend to cycle with her on early/long runs

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/asics-womens-gel-nimbus-19-road-running-shoes

I see they are a bit cheaper now... Sorry forgot about the 25% Vitality discount... so that is R1950. 

I bought a pair of 18's at the OMTOM Expo for cheaper, so at least I am covered for the next year up to Comrades.

I used to run with Asics Kayano, but at the current SA prices, I just can't get my head (or wallet) around paying that much

poobies for 2300 - damn expensive shoes. Why not just run with cumulus? they the exact same thing just not the top of the range

last years model Nimbus 18 for 1800 as a matter of interest

Thanks, not a bad price for the 18's. I am currently using the 18's still. Had my rant already about the 19's....

Will give Cumulus a try, they normally come out in better colors than the Nimbus.

This is the best and worst of SA all in one... glad he's fine. Glad he took it in his stride.

We need to be aware out there, but we also just can't let them take our freedom

But they already are. I run outside once a week: usually on Sunday afternoon. I have been chased (when I was much younger) and I can tell you it's terrifying. It still plays on my mind. I can handle being robbed, but as a woman running on the roads is risky and some could argue silly. I am actually considering getting a puppy and training it up to run with me. This is obviously a very big decision, so still sleeping on it. 

Edited by EmJayZA

But they already are. I run outside once a week: usually on Sunday afternoon. I have been chased (when I was much younger) and I can tell you it's terrifying. It still plays on my mind. I can handle being robbed, but as a woman running on the roads is risky and some could argue silly. I am actually considering getting a puppy and training it up to run with me. This is obviously a very big decision, so still sleeping on it. 

I never like to hear this. and it has clearly had a major impact on your sense of safety.

Please remember that running with a dog before it is at least 1 - 1.5 years old impacts its development (some say 2 years) - and certain species can run different distances.

http://www.runnersworld.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/What-dog-to-run-with-.jpg

http://www.runnersworld.co.za/news/fordyce-recounts-harrowing-morning-attack/

People said I should go and see a therapist but us runners, we know, that running is the best therapy.

“People said I should go and see a therapist but us runners, we know, that running is the best therapy. What better way to deal with this than to go out and finish the run.”

Fordyce admitted that he was still shaken by the incident by shouted at his attackers as they drove away.

“I shouted: Well done, you just beat up a 61-year-old… I hope you proud of yourself,” Fordyce said.

The article on runners world about the Bruce Fordyce attack. I like the answer he gave about seeing a therapist :clap:

Please remember that running with a dog before it is at least 1 - 1.5 years old impacts its development (some say 2 years) - and certain species can run different distances.

I did not know that. Thank you. I am considering a Belgian Shepard (I love big dogs). Will however need to consult a vet and fully understand their training before making a decision. 

I did not know that. Thank you. I am considering a Belgian Shepard (I love big dogs). Will however need to consult a vet and fully understand their training before making a decision. 

I seem to remember a Runners World article a few years ago on running with dogs (possibly where Stretch's diagram comes from?). maybe it's Google-able? 

When I used to run, mainly on sand roads, my GSP loved to lead the way. He was 3-4 yrs at the time. Still have v fond memories of the palaver when trying to get his harness on and those early morning runs watching the sun coming up together. Miss that pooch and our times together... 

Edited by Fat Boab

I seem to remember a Runners World article a few years ago on running with dogs (possibly where Stretch's diagram comes from?). maybe it's Google-able? 

When I used to run, mainly on sand roads, my GSP loved to lead the way. He was 3-4 yrs at the time. Still have v fond memories of the palaver when trying to get his harness on and those early morning runs watching the sun coming up together. Miss that pooch and our times together... 

When I hear stories like this, I want to throw caution to the wind. Sounds awesome.  :thumbup:

I actually found the article you are referring to a little earlier:

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-with-dogs/the-best-types-of-dogs-for-runners

I have two huskies. They love running. Just difficult for one person to run with both of them... I am sure I will run a 5km PB with them...If I can hold on for so long. They love it, the younger one used to go for walks from 12 weeks... If you pick him up, he used to growl and bark at you. 

post-3664-0-38530900-1498218167.jpg

I have two huskies. They love running. Just difficult for one person to run with both of them... I am sure I will run a 5km PB with them...If I can hold on for so long. They love it, the younger one used to go for walks from 12 weeks... If you pick him up, he used to growl and bark at you. 

attachicon.gifRambo.jpg

Gorgeous Hacc! 

This is the breed I am seriously considering: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malinois_dog 

Edited by EmJayZA

When I hear stories like this, I want to throw caution to the wind. Sounds awesome.  :thumbup:

I actually found the article you are referring to a little earlier:

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-with-dogs/the-best-types-of-dogs-for-runners

Sounds like it, but maybe the SA version put a little more emphasis on heat? Pavements can get bubbly hot for poochie paws and many a vet will have been presented with burnt pads from apologestic owners, and they obviously can't sweat so need some consideration in avoiding over-heating eg running out of the heat of the day, carrying a water bottle for your pooch, wetting their head and neck etc.