First Look Friday: Niner JET 9, Kitted Wonder Ring, SRAM X1 drivetrain

Nick

Would it truly be a fair representation of the 2016 Niner Jet 9 if you guys are testing a bike that doesn't have the same spec as the actual model?

Yes. Geometry and suspension design stays unchanged. No different than us testing a bike with SRAM X1 and based on that a buyer decides to buy one, but opt for Shimano XT 11spd.

Only major difference will be the Pike on the 2016 vs the Reba that's fitted to the one on test. That's an easy enough fix as I have a Pike I can try on there, but would most likely opt to try it with a Revelation as it would make more sense to me.

Thats not MAXXIS IKON tires on that bike

1. No reason to shout. (Insert smiley face here)

2. Read the article again. The one we have on test has a different spec than the 2016 models on their way in.  

Iwan, if I am interested in a Niner where can I take a look at one and maybe even test ride one?

Yes. Geometry and suspension design stays unchanged. No different than us testing a bike with SRAM X1 and based on that a buyer decides to buy one, but opt for Shimano XT 11spd.

Only major difference will be the Pike on the 2016 vs the Reba that's fitted to the one on test. That's an easy enough fix as I have a Pike I can try on there, but would most likely opt to try it with a Revelation as it would make more sense to me.

Niner's international website lists the 2016 3 star build as having a Pike set at 140mm, but the SA websites lists the Pike as 120mm. Why the difference?

Niner's international website lists the 2016 3 star build as having a Pike set at 140mm, but the SA websites lists the Pike as 120mm. Why the difference?

Odd. Definitely says 120mm on my computer on this link: http://www.ninerbikes.com/jet9carbon Not looking at the RIP 9?

Seeing as it is Friday, can I be the first to say that it looks like a PYGA stage or vice versa???

Thats the cue for everybody to jump in and say how the suspension differs, etc, etc, etc......

Awesom bike btw!!! Would love to demo one.