Market Research

mike88

Hi guys,

Just wanted to do some market research on the following products.

I would just like to know the following:

1. Are the prices reasonable for you to buy them?

2. Will you rather buy these items from your LBS or local retailer at full price and why?

Garmin 500 Bundle - R2800

Garmin Fenix 2 Performer Bundle - R4500

Garmin Fenix 3 - R5000 - Watch only

Garmin XT920 Bundle - R5000

Garmin Fenix 3 - Performer silver bundle - R5900.

Garmin Fenix 3 - Sapphire performer bundle for R7500

I hope you will be able to help me and to get some positive feedback.post-70338-1441559760,0627.jpgpost-70338-1441559775,871.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

price is relative to who supplies the fastest backup and support for the products warranties

no use buying electronics cheap if the warranty from the manufacturer is void /delayed

so that needs to be clear before the price is a good one or not

just saying :blink: 

Considering the amount of threads with issues people experience with these kind of devices I can imagine buying them from someone that actually knows how they work and has a close relationship with the distributor would help increase sales.

I remember people mentioning how happy guys were with the Garmin devices at one stage because the agents had a walk in repair center and they would quite happily swop out a unit if it had a certain fault and was under warranty.

You have an point. I personally have not had a situation regarding a faulty product. But I know that Garmin uses Navworld as their walk in repair center. So as long as your product has been registered on the Garmin website, has all important documents and has not been touched "opened" by an unauthorized dealer, you should be fine when it comes to warranty and repair. But, each to its own.

If the units have been imported and have not entered the country via Garmin SA, it is likely the warranty will be void regardless of registering the products. But some people are happy with a better price and no warranty , some would rather pay more and be covered. You will find buyers regardless.

Garmin 500 Bundle - R2800 Overpriced for a very old device

Garmin Fenix 2 Performer Bundle - R4500 Overpriced for a very old device

Garmin Fenix 3 - R5000 - Watch only Nice price !

Garmin XT920 Bundle - R5000 Nice Price

Garmin Fenix 3 - Performer silver bundle - R5900. Would buy this !

Garmin Fenix 3 - Sapphire performer bundle for R7500 Overpriced

As said before, guarantee is a biggy, and availability too

weird thread.

In the old days people brought garmins in directly, because the local suppliers was ripping customers off in a big way. With no local representation units had to be sent away for assessment, and the whole process was a ball ache.

Garmin upped their game with proper representation, better pricing as well as repair/support centres.

My dealings with faulty units have been great with Garmin SA and their representatives. I would not buy/import my own units if warrantee is not going to be honoured.

These devices are not directly imported and all goes through the hands of Garmin SA. I now spoke to a consultant from Garmin SA who actually phoned me regarding the delivery of a device and asked him about the guarantee/warranty about the devices. He assured yme that all the devices delivered carry their standard guarantee/warranty. If something was to go wrong, the owner needs to take the device in to Navworld, Garmin SA's official repairs center.

Such an odd thread.

Why don't you give us some more background/ an idea of your actual agenda?

Are you looking to purchase an item or wanting to start selling them? Is it for some kind of school/ varsity project you're working on? What gives?

Sorry for keeping you in the dark.

I actually want to sell of these items. So I just wanted to see if people will be interested. I get super low discounted prices, but only for limited quantities. I know these gadgets are super expensive and thats why I will be keeping my prices super low. You can do a price comparison with other retailers. Plus side is that all devices carry full garmin warranty/guarantees.

Well there you go - I'm sure you'll generate some interest now.

Put them in the classifieds and start selling!

Good luck with the venture.

Archived