Race for Victory seeding

26er

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 70.2km/h

Must have bee the 2 sec tail wind during the race.

missed that ,I must have been going in the wrong direction at that that point ????

Yip ^_^  and still managed 6th. You should try hanging on to that wheel in a race. :blink:

And the top3 still put almost 1 minute into him, so imagine what their output must have been.. :eek:  :eek:

Started in AL..

24km turn to Walkerville Hill was pandemonium...

Group broke into smitherines.....

Managed to catch the back of the breakaway, but as soon as I latched, they surged on, toiled hard with a few guys (BestMed, Germiston Wheelers, Activize) to bridge & we got oh so close. Saw them just ahead for the next 50km but just couldn't bridge. Jeez, they were flying.

Pushed myself over the limit & popped at 70kms cresting that drag to the left turn that felt like a HILL.

Caught an elite lady from Clover who joined our group just before.

That was it for me, Wind & Cramps till the end. Felt like the longest 30kms ever on a bike. Everytime I looked at my Garmin, I as cruising at 17-20km/h. Couldn't get the pace up.

Lucky, a few more guys passed & I latched as best possible.

Finished in 3:09.

That was a #Sufferfest of note!

Will be back to right this wrong.

I was in the Blue/ Black/ White ESMERO kit with Blue/ Black Propel.

Oh yes, deep sections were just wrong.

I got 70.2km/h

Must have bee the 2 sec tail wind during the race.

73.1km/h,

achieved that after being dropped by the main BL bunch and working with one of the guys to try to latch back on. Tailwind + 96kg was not enough to catch them though. Got picked up by the second BL group a little later on. 

post-27827-0-85832700-1473746755.png

a devilish 66.6km/h for me. Just on the other side of walkerville hill.

lol 67 km/h same place .

We speed demons ????

lol 67 km/h same place .

We speed demons

Same here, 68km/h...... the compact only help me spinning into the headwind

72.4/h while free wheeling.

Not going to give the wind all the credit. Must have been the few pedal strokes prior at 548W (3s average)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started in AL..

24km turn to Walkerville Hill was pandemonium...

Group broke into smitherines.....

Managed to catch the back of the breakaway, but as soon as I latched, they surged on, toiled hard with a few guys (BestMed, Germiston Wheelers, Activize) to bridge & we got oh so close. Saw them just ahead for the next 50km but just couldn't bridge. Jeez, they were flying.

Pushed myself over the limit & popped at 70kms cresting that drag to the left turn that felt like a HILL.

Caught an elite lady from Clover who joined our group just before.

That was it for me, Wind & Cramps till the end. Felt like the longest 30kms ever on a bike. Everytime I looked at my Garmin, I as cruising at 17-20km/h. Couldn't get the pace up.

Lucky, a few more guys passed & I latched as best possible.

Finished in 3:09.

That was a #Sufferfest of note!

Will be back to right this wrong.

I was in the Blue/ Black/ White ESMERO kit with Blue/ Black Propel.

Oh yes, deep sections were just wrong.

I think I was in this group up Walkerville hill.  One Activize rider, the Germiston Wheelers chap with the large beard.  There was one guy with ESMERO kit with us for a while.

I hid in the group as much as possible until my second wind with about 20km to go, where I took a few pulls at the front.

By this time there was not much of a group left.

I was on the Black Sworks with light blue top & socks(need to match)

Finished 3:01

71km/h on std 53/39.

Didn't wanna push for a higher top speed as I was alone at the time - not knowing if I will catch another group or be caught by a group to latch onto I saved a bit of energy everywhere I could

I think I was in this group up Walkerville hill. One Activize rider, the Germiston Wheelers chap with the large beard. There was one guy with ESMERO kit with us for a while.

I hid in the group as much as possible until my second wind with about 20km to go, where I took a few pulls at the front.

By this time there was not much of a group left.

I was on the Black Sworks with light blue top & socks(need to match)

Finished 3:01

1hill with the huge beard. Does he still hang out here, or has he gone full hippie trail runner?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived