Cannondale Lefty service

JJ

I was wondering if any hubbers could tell me what their Lefty shock service cost was more a less? I understand it depends on quite a lot, I just need a ball park figure. I'm not talking about the shock reset, I'm talking about the major service done by Omnico.

Thanks!

I recently had my 90mm converted to 100mm. It included a services as well. In the end it was just over R1000.

Give Werner a call. He used to work at Omnico and serviced all the Lefty forks. He is now working independently and still servicing Lefty's. His

number is voda 8191942

Give Werner a call. He used to work at Omnico and serviced all the Lefty forks. He is now working independently and still servicing Lefty's. His

number is voda 8191942

What voda???

then if people have migrated numbers it can be 083 084.....

just asking

Edited by ChUkKy

• 1 year later...

It's not really a DIY job, especially if the bearings need work. And you won't find a service manual anywhere, nor will you find the seal kits and tools.

There are very few cases in which I'd say send it to the agents, but this is one of them.

I have some play on my lefty. Lateral movement on the wheel. Is this a major issue or something small? 

Not wanting to put you off but as Droo suggests this job is for the select few.  The servicing itself is not complicated but you need the Cannondale tools to get into the fork.  The tools have developed over time with the forks so there is not a "one fits all" option.  One word of warning is that the plates holding the needle bearings in place are not the same thickness so all four sides need to be kept in exactly the same position as they were in when reassembling.

Ditto what David says - taking a Lefty apart & putting it back together successfully needs special tools and advanced technical skills.

What the users should do on a regular basis on the older type forks (with boot) is bearing resets - the procedure for that is in user manuals which you can find on the interweb.