bib preference?

eccc whippet

i went for a bike setup today and the setup guy showed me the cause of my raw tender butt ...the chamois is a little too small for my big butt...so what is happening is the first accent bib stitching along the outside of the chamois is rubbing the skin raw...so now to read through all the replies and figue out which one to get...i believe a bib should be seen as an investment towards a comfortable rid...not as a cycling expense

thanks for the replies.

Santini makes bibs where the chamois is "glued" to the bib, not stitched.

Perhaps those are what you need.

It's also a gel chamois which is reasonably comfy too.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've struggled with bibs for a few years, never found anything comfortable that would last more than 2hrs. Tried POC this year and my troubles have disappeared. 4+ hrs in the saddle and no chafe or pain. They are also pricey though

POC for the win, stylish as well.

I'm gonna put in a heavily biased punt for our Anatomic Ergonomic bibs... lekker for road and Mtb and just over R1000. It may not be some fancy European brand and we may not pay 40% import duties to get them here, but apart from being sewn together here, all the materials and padding are in fact imported - so you are basically getting international Technology, but made right here in your back yard  :thumbup:

Rode joBerg2c with them, on my hardtail, and had a good laugh at all the fancy pants (excuse the pun) in the bum clinic every am  :whistling:

Anyways, like I said - heavily biased, as you were...  :oops:

I dont have any tie to them BUT now own 2 pairs of the platinum gel version. Brilliant sofar. 70km MTB no hassle

I've been through many bibs cheapest to R4k in price. Recently came across a Santini Mago bib shorts, and this could be rated probably one of the best. It's a bib you want to wear on every ride. Nice compressed fit, good looking with broad Santini gripper that keeps the shorts I place, however the 2greatest features are the gel chamois which stays comfy on the entire ride 1hr-5hrs, and the 2x side pockets which become useful on race day for gels.post-58948-0-51210100-1443895749_thumb.jpg available via www.nsquared.co.za

Started shopping for a decent bib this morning...went to a few shops ...asked lots questions and looked at bibs available on the shelf...found these at the same price as craft bibs...bonus was they only had my size left...thought i was xl...eeeish good thing i tried them on first...let the long rides begin [emoji3]post-70852-1443899696,6361.jpg

I love my assos, but they are to expensive for everyday use. I used 3 pairs of First ascent and they are horse Sh@t. Never again. Big was my surprise when I bought a pair of tenn bibs for R650 from sportsworld.co.za. They are great quality and very comfy. I now own 3 pairs and only use them for training. I did a 140km ride this morning and the did fine. Other brands that I used and can recommend is Adidas and Santini.

I bought my first Assos bibs 5 years ago and never looked back.  I still have that pair and even though they have faded a bit they still fit super well and the padding is in good nick.  I ride the old ones on the MTB for short rides in case  of a mishap

I'm still pretty new to cycling(+\- just under a year) but when I first bought a bib, I was advised to buy a pair of Assos. For a Newbie to spend 3k on a bib was quite startling but I was told it's definitely worth the investment and that it is. I use my Assos bib for exceptionally long rides and on race day but I do also own a few pairs of Craft bibs and I prefer these for training because although they not be as cushiony as the Assos chamois and a lot more thinner, there's absolutely no sign of chaffing or discomfort with them.

I train with Anotomic and they are great for training rides and priced quite well, however if I'm going to do 100 plus km or a stage race Assos is the way to go. They are costly but mine have served me well for 3 years now. So I think in the long run they outlast everything else I have tried and are worth the extra ronds.

Been using first accent and fox bibs until this morning...spent 4.5 hrs in the saddle today...travelled 95 km (i know i am slow...hence the need for a good bib) today...with a new seat.

Woke up this morning at 5 am...applied some a$$ cream...burnt like i was applying deep heat...from yesterdays ride and my 1 hr session on the trainer...thought man i am gona feel the pain get home...slipped in my new bib and set out...got home at 11 am...it was a warm sweaty morning...money well spent [emoji3] my butt felt better i got home than it did at 5 am this morning...they have 2 pairs left at the price i paid...the inly reason i am not return to purchase the other 2 is because i still have 15-20 kg to shed...then i am gona need an xl

Been using first accent and fox bibs until this morning...spent 4.5 hrs in the saddle today...travelled 95 km (i know i am slow...hence the need for a good bib) today...with a new seat.

Woke up this morning at 5 am...applied some a$$ cream...burnt like i was applying deep heat...from yesterdays ride and my 1 hr session on the trainer...thought man i am gona feel the pain get home...slipped in my new bib and set out...got home at 11 am...it was a warm sweaty morning...money well spent [emoji3] my butt felt better i got home than it did at 5 am this morning...they have 2 pairs left at the price i paid...the inly reason i am not return to purchase the other 2 is because i still have 15-20 kg to shed...then i am gona need an xl

Archived