[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

Its just very suspicious that all the unsuccesful entries are in Cape Town, haven't seen one non-local that didn't get in.

If you live in Cape Town and haven't got an entry, don't stress too much.  There are always loads of entries in the weeks leading up to the event.  It's not ideal, I know, but at least you don't have to worry about accommodation and travel.

[i'm not saying that is the reason why 'no one' from outside Cape Town has been rejected',  I'm just saying don't give up.  Put the training in - you'll get a ticket if you watch the classifieds.]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In as well. Would have been upset if it wasn't the case despite riding the last two tours and a total of 6 seeding events this year. 

• 3 weeks later...

I got in, Over the moon... Will be my 8th in a row...

I would love to know the criteria used to select the riders as I have a guy I cycle with has done something like 20 odd in a row and he wasn't successful in the "lottery".

If the question has already been brought up in this thread previously, My apologies.

I got in, Over the moon... Will be my 8th in a row...

I would love to know the criteria used to select the riders as I have a guy I cycle with has done something like 20 odd in a row and he wasn't successful in the "lottery".

If the question has already been brought up in this thread previously, My apologies.

Id also like to know. Iv done 25 consecutive and if i didn't get in i would have been highly upset. Luckily im in.

Anyone have any idea when the second round of entries will be allocated by?

Good Question, would also like to know. See that the final payment date was exended to 27th due to some bank problem or other.

I see on the CTCT website that 500 entries have been reallocated to entrants who were "unlucky" the first time.

Any hubbers got lucky 2nd time around?

I see on the CTCT website that 500 entries have been reallocated to entrants who were "unlucky" the first time.

I have a friend who got one, but sadly I didn't.  It just wasn't meant to be.

I was one of the lucky 500! Whoop Whoop!

I can help one of you unlucky peeps out

Due to medical reasons my wife can no longer compete in the Cape town cycle Tour

So I am selling her ticket, first come first serve. For the same price that we bought it, all you need to do then is do a substitution between the 3rd and 19th of feb.

Yes I was one of the lucky 2nd time around hubbers  :thumbup:

Archived