First PPA event, morning procedure?

HeadDown

Yep.  The race stickers went quick quick. 

The PPA line was very very long.

20 minutes before the start there was a real long queue before surname "A - D" (?) - not sure if people were maybe queuing in the wrong place? 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to get my new number before or at the 1tonner...I've mailed them this morning but got no response, they really are getting kakker by the year.  

I need to get my new number before or at the 1tonner...I've mailed them this morning but got no response, they really are getting kakker by the year.

Impatient much? Pick up the phone if you need instant gratification.

Impatient much? Pick up the phone if you need instant gratification.

We had someone that picked up the phone, confirmed his seeding, asked if there will be a reseed between the Wednesday and the Sunday, was told there would not be one and that he did not have to Trek from Durbanville to Kenillworth to pick up his A seeding. Was told no problem your A seeding will be there on Sunday.

Arrived on Sunday and was given a C seeding and then a whole bunch of uselessness. I even offered to pick up his seeding on Wednesday, they would not allow it. 

That's way you need a paper trail Savage - I don't so any business without one, this he said, you said k#k don't fly in a business world, paper trail is all that'll stand up if something goes wrong. It does help if the ******* learn how to work outlook and a keyboard. 

I know, I have told our guy that, he has written to PPA about it but he was not impressed with them, he is normally a very quiet guy and does not make a fuss normally but sounds like he was treated rather poorly.

That's way you need a paper trail Savage - I don't so any business without one, this he said, you said k#k don't fly in a business world, paper trail is all that'll stand up if something goes wrong. It does help if the ******* learn how to work outlook and a keyboard. 

I know, I have told our guy that, he has written to PPA about it but he was not impressed with them, he is normally a very quiet guy and does not make a fuss normally but sounds like he was treated rather poorly.

One time I had to start at the back with a temp nr because my number weren't at the PPA stand the morning as promised by the PPA office, the other time I started at the back because the bloody queue was so long and slow I just gave up getting to the front in time for the start of the race (when I got to the van after the race they didn't have my number anyway)

Now I just do the drive through to Kenilworth at the start of the season to save me all the schlepp & frustration.

Good luck with your mission to educate PPA Marius, but my advice to anyone, if you want to be certain of your starting group on Sunday go get your number from their office.

One time I had to start at the back with a temp nr because my number weren't at the PPA stand the morning as promised by the PPA office, the other time I started at the back because the bloody queue was so long and slow I just gave up getting to the front in time for the start of the race (when I got to the van after the race they didn't have my number anyway)

Now I just do the drive through to Kenilworth at the start of the season to save me all the schlepp & frustration.

Good luck with your mission to educate PPA Marius, but my advice to anyone, if you want to be certain of your starting group on Sunday go get your number from their office.

If they would just let you pick up other people's numbers and stop being so toit with their precious numbers. 

If they would just let you pick up other people's numbers and stop being so toit with their precious numbers. 

The funny thing is when I asked why I couldnt collect a friends number the reply I got was "you just cant" LOL

I think PPA can save themselves a lot of schlep[ by just issuing riders with a number for life i.e. use your membership number as your race number.

But oh no, how will the marshalls know that I haven't jumped a group or two ahead? Simple, that sticker you pick up will have your seeding and colour coded for the race distance. No changes needed to Racetec either cos the data base they use to match your Racetec chip to your profile will be sorted out easy.

this way its easy to be reseeded every couple of months instead of the pain in the behind method of needing a new number printed. How many recycled Hiace driver seats need to be recycled for new numbers to be printed. The system is archaic and needs to be overhauled

SASEEDING have an elegantly simple system.

We had someone that picked up the phone, confirmed his seeding, asked if there will be a reseed between the Wednesday and the Sunday, was told there would not be one and that he did not have to Trek from Durbanville to Kenillworth to pick up his A seeding. Was told no problem your A seeding will be there on Sunday.

Arrived on Sunday and was given a C seeding and then a whole bunch of uselessness. I even offered to pick up his seeding on Wednesday, they would not allow it. 

My father-in-law picked up my and my swaer's numbers at PPA this year.  We only had to give him permission to do so.

20 minutes before the start there was a real long queue before surname "A - D" (?) - not sure if people were maybe queuing in the wrong place? 

I was there at around 05h45.  Took me less than 5 minutes, even after being told I was in the wrong queue.  

Typical Capetownians.  Arrive late and then complain about bad service... :ph34r:

Took me about 2 minutes ... Just had to be early enough :devil:  :devil:

Exactly, I was there at 5:40 and had no issues. Problem seems that people think they can pitch 15 minutes before an event starts and still get to the start line in time. Give yourself at least and hour.

Doing my first PPA event this weekend  (One Tonner)  and not sure what happens on race morning. Have collected my PPA seeding number but do I need to collect a race specific sticker on the morning or do I just make my way to the starting pens? 

Here we go, so registration(event sticker collection) can be done one Wed or Thurs if you want

post-56676-0-97384700-1444654549_thumb.jpg

My father-in-law picked up my and my swaer's numbers at PPA this year. We only had to give him permission to do so.

We had signed docs with ID numbers signed and dated with commissioner of oath stamp and id and they would not give me my team mates numbers.

We had signed docs with ID numbers signed and dated with commissioner of oath stamp and id and they would not give me my team mates numbers.

That is just dof :thumbdown:

Nah, I'm sorted, I posted my question on PPA's fb page and got answers within minutes, they should fire the one handling emails. Either way, hope my number is at Sportsman's  Warehouse Thursday afternoon when we go register for the 1tonner...

Archived