Phenomenal! and Pro Win #139

Insane

The Badger will be crying himself to sleep tonight with Cav' matching his total wins

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Insane

The Badger will be crying himself to sleep tonight with Cav' matching his total wins

:lol:

Tomorrow's the longest stage

226.5 kms

After today's loooong one of 223 kms

#sore_bum

Perhaps see how he does when interviewed under pressure before we decide?

#asleepingmonster

:-)

I agree with Sprocket, he seems to be a different man. It happens when you get older. The kind words to the team, the kids and stuff. There is more to life than just winning and racing. You eventually realise that.

I never liked Cavendish and the worst for me was in Yorkshire when he crashed out headbutting Simon Gerrans.

But these latest wins will be the most memorable for the guy I'm sure. Now there is no more pressure. He doesn't feel like he has to win. It's about more than just winning. It's about Qhubeka (perhaps). And helping/support others, the less fortunate.

That's what happens to humans when your own basic financial and physiological needs are satisfied. And you look instead for self esteem and actualization.

Perhaps see how he does when interviewed under pressure before we decide?

#asleepingmonster

:-)

I agree with Sprocket, he seems to be a different man. It happens when you get older. The kind words to the team, the kids and stuff. There is more to life than just winning and racing. You eventually realise that.

I never liked Cavendish and the worst for me was in Yorkshire when he crashed out headbutting Simon Gerrans.

But these latest wins will be the most memorable for the guy I'm sure. Now there is no more pressure. He doesn't feel like he has to win. It's about more than just winning. It's about Qhubeka (perhaps). And helping/support others, the less fortunate.

That's what happens to humans when your own basic financial and physiological needs are satisfied. And you look instead for self esteem and actualization.

Tomorrow's the longest stage

226.5 kms

After today's loooong one of 223 kms

#sore_bum

Do you think today's stage was slow because of Sagan's comments? I bet Contador was relieved to have a bit of a chilled day.

Do you think today's stage was slow because of Sagan's comments? I bet Contador was relieved to have a bit of a chilled day.

I reckon after the last 2 really hard days they probably all decided hey let's just have a chiller day today.

I have always admired Spez bikes but the company makes me nervous. I'm pretty sure that some time soon they will try sue someone for using the word specialized in a normal conversation. Like Polo clothing trying to stop a three hundred year old polo club in England from using the word polo in their name, and that really happened.

That video reminds me of all that.

Insane

I doubt Hinault is loosing much sleep.... No disrespect to Cav but his wins are not on the same scale as BH's.

Different time and era, wheel suckers delight now days

I doubt Hinault is loosing much sleep.... No disrespect to Cav but his wins are not on the same scale as BH's.

Different time and era, wheel suckers delight now days

Seriously? I don't get it when people go on about wheel sucking. Its part of the sport. Its how it works. if you don't like wheel sucking then watch only TT and triathlons. tell me a single sprinter that didn't wheel suck. Actually tell me anyone in the last 30 years that didn't. Teams look after chosen winners in order to set them up. Its not complicated.

Fausto Coppi was the man that practically invented the system. He died like 50 years ago. He was so well looked after by his team that he would make them carry him to his hotel room if it wasn't on the ground floor so he didn't tire out his legs walking up stairs. He only made an effort when it was absolutely needed and would bring a result.

Seriously? I don't get it when people go on about wheel sucking. Its part of the sport. Its how it works. if you don't like wheel sucking then watch only TT and triathlons. tell me a single sprinter that didn't wheel suck. Actually tell me anyone in the last 30 years that didn't. Teams look after chosen winners in order to set them up. Its not complicated.

Fausto Coppi was the man that practically invented the system. He died like 50 years ago. He was so well looked after by his team that he would make them carry him to his hotel room if it wasn't on the ground floor so he didn't tire out his legs walking up stairs. He only made an effort when it was absolutely needed and would bring a result.

Agree , Wheelsucking is what happens all the time, that is why Froome and all other GC contenders have teams. But you got to give it to Cav, right after the victory he said himself that you can not compare his victories with Hinault.

Archived