• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is bizarre. I got curious when Matt Keenan started todays commentary by saying the stage is predominantly downhill with a few lumps!!

1980m of climbing in a 190km stage is the equivalent of a local 100km race with just 1000m of climbing. That's not a lot.

So to be honest it really is a pretty 'easy' stage in terms of climbing, especially considering how pan flat the last 30km are.

1980m of climbing in a 190km stage is the equivalent of a local 100km race with just 1000m of climbing. That's not a lot.

So to be honest it really is a pretty 'easy' stage in terms of climbing, especially considering how pan flat the last 30km are.

True...but I was also thinking about the speeds they do it at. Averaging over 40km/hr. Still gotta hurt a bit?

True...but I was also thinking about the speeds they do it at. Averaging over 40km/hr. Still gotta hurt a bit?

Absolutely, which is why I put 'easy' in inverted commas :D

Rule # 10 always applies in racing

Edit: at the end of the day we're comparing this stage to all the others in these 3 weeks. So in that sense, it is an easy stage by comparison. A 'rest day' for many, actually.

I did a 200km race with 4000m of climbing three years ago. Was considering checking into a BnB it went on for so long. Took me about a week to recover. How these guys do this for three weeks I don't know.

Ja that just means.. ball to the walls.[emoji23] [emoji23]

Ja that just means.. ball to the walls.[emoji23] [emoji23]

Shouldn't you be at a hockey game or something? Just kidding. It's been a bit quiet with you not around. And I almost forgot about that bloke in green. Old whatsisname. Peter something or other.

Thomas Voeckler takes the command of the peloton for Direct Energie, chasing his former team-mate Yukiya Arashiro down. The Japanese has spent seven years in the Vendée-based team. Time gap under one minute again.

31km to go.

Arashiro and Barta have 40 seconds lead with 30km to go. Direct Energie seems determined to bring them back quickly.

With 29km to go, Arashiro attacks and Barta reacts. That seems to be the race for the most aggressive rider of the between the two men who took off after three kilometres of racing.

Peloton all together again with 22km to go. Barta and Arashiro have covered 165km at the front.

Shouldn't you be at a hockey game or something? Just kidding. It's been a bit quiet with you not around. And I almost forgot about that bloke in green. Old whatsisname. Peter something or other.

Ha ha ha.. hockey is finished.. heading home tomorrow so will give pedal by pedal updates.. prepare for lots of reading[emoji23] [emoji23]

Following the race on twitter is just not the same hey

Archived