Cape Epic 2016 Group

Acerunner

I think the main reason for not allowing it to Strava is because it will show the route, however if you change it to a stationary ride it will still upload the distance, HR & speed to your profile but will not show the map.

post-5386-1457355011,7297.jpg

This should do it.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn? You sure its just a cold? I'm still without an entry so let me know when it gets serious [emoji14]

Mr lastminute.com will be on standby till then [emoji15]

Haha if my leg drops off you can have my entry...

I am struggling to focus at work, my mind focuses on something other than the Epic for a few seconds then BAM something triggers the thought and I get that feeling less than a week to go.

Today in the office felt like a month.

4 More sleeps!

Big question... Got my bike back from pre-event service yesterday. All perfectly shiny and fresh, new brake pads new tyres. Do I ride it before Sunday, or stick to the road bike? 

4 More sleeps!

Big question... Got my bike back from pre-event service yesterday. All perfectly shiny and fresh, new brake pads new tyres. Do I ride it before Sunday, or stick to the road bike?

Ride it. Make sure it's all working, and wear the pads in a bit.

Now the fun starts again. Gotta fit all the kit ...

This is my first challenge, the better you pack the easier the week is gonna be I guess.

I dont see towels,sleeping bag and pillow in this pic is that still to be added?

Can anybody confirm if the entire race is live on supersport?

I only see the prologue live.

Can you please tell me what channel and time as I checked the TV guide and it is only showing the highlights for the prologue later that night.

Can you please tell me what channel and time as I checked the TV guide and it is only showing the highlights for the prologue later that night.

SS6 from 9:30 till 2PM.

Now the fun starts again. Gotta fit all the kit ...

REALLY are those Crocs in there??? :eek:

I love how the dynamics change in these big races.

Stage 1: Everyone in your batch checks out your bike, the board (to see how many Epics you've done), kit, etc. to size you up and finish ahead of you and you naturally do the same (particularly if you are a newbie). By stage 3 you know the guys and girls very well and you know who's wheel to take. You no longer try to beat them to the finish but get some silent satisfaction if you move up a batch, just to see some familiar faces there too. By stage 6 it feels like you know the guys in your group for months. You feel for them when they have a bad day and you admire them if they beat the stuffing out of a stage. At the end of stage 7 you can share so many private jokes and refer to something that happened on a particular day with a few knowing nods and grins that the others simply will not get.

Enjoy it guys and girls. If its your first one, just relax. You'll be fine.

SS6 from 9:30 till 2PM.

Thankfully I am starting well before the cameras start to rolll, at least if I take a fall or decide to get off an push it wont be on live TV

Archived