Cape Epic 2016 Group

Acerunner

Ladies and Gents,

Please, only participate if you are doing the 2016 ABSA Cape Epic. Lets talk about Preperation, Gear and all things Epic! :clap:

Jogged 5k's yesterday, doing 2 hours this afternoon, behind on training, and I dont have a bike, yet...

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No bike? 

It's apparently so technical.......we might all walk. 

And, of course you will finish if you walk......it's only 650km!!!!

Lol!!!

Ladies and Gents,

Please, only participate if you are doing the 2016 ABSA Cape Epic. Lets talk about Preperation, Gear and all things Epic! :clap:

Jogged 5k's yesterday, doing 2 hours this afternoon, behind on training, and I dont have a bike, yet...

Can i have first dibs on your entry?

Erm, I meant my racing bike, rode 2015 epic with a s-works 2012, but it wasn't mine to keep, currently training on MY Giant anthem x, ztr cresties, xtr groupies, ect, love the bike but will get something new before the race just to make sure..

Ladies and Gents,

When you say you are behind on training how many hours per week have you averaged this year so far? 

Can i have first dibs on your entry?

tread is only

When you say you are behind on training how many hours per week have you averaged this year so far? 

Between 6 and 7 avg I would say, how bout u?

Long way to go till the Epic... I am trying not too burn out too early....

At least I have a bike I am planning to ride.... :) But if you had asked 2 weeks before J2C this year then the answer would have been different...

At least I have a bike I am planning to ride.... :) But if you had asked 2 weeks before J2C this year then the answer would have been different...

I guess that is the trick it to be well prepared but not over train at the moment I am doing mostly Zone 2 and 3 work last two weeks have been 12 hours and 11 hours respectively.

Really enjoying my riding at the moment  

Nice, what bike did u get?

Nice, what bike did u get?

Swapped from a Scott Spark to a Spez Epic - Comp frame with Expert build kit - once I had the Brain figured out and set up the way I like it, it has been a very good ride.

I did consider a PYGA Stage but really need a Small frame, and they only make mediums... I am EXACTLY on the edge of small/medium  specs for the SPAZ - but after about 10 test rides went with a medium, and I am happy.

This years epic is so short we are considering asking them if there will be additional fees to let us ride some of the days twice...... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I guess that is the trick it to be well prepared but not over train at the moment I am doing mostly Zone 2 and 3 work last two weeks have been 12 hours and 11 hours respectively.

Really enjoying my riding at the moment  

Stop doing that low intensity stuff and find some hills to climb... and climb them a lot... :)

Stop doing that low intensity stuff and find some hills to climb... and climb them a lot... :)

That the plan from November got some nice events lined up in Nov then Dec is big miles and plenty climbs