Cape Epic 2016 Group

Acerunner

Hello, does anyone know if the Prologue Course will be open for practice and which days?...We plan on arriving to Cape Town on 9 March. Thanks

The prologue route is open at all times and guys have been riding it since the route launch. It is not specifically marked but is part of open trails and roads. The only section you cant do is the UCT part (1km at the start and finish) as the gate from UCT is locked.

You will need a table mountain permit to ride though.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be afraid of all those investment bankers getting stoned by uct protesters. Thought it was the wild and untamed absa cape epic...?

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/news/absa-cape-epic-prologue-moves-to-meerendal-r4178

The Absa Cape Epic Prologue will be moving from its planned venue at the University of Cape Town to Meerendal Wine Estate in Durbanville.

The decision follows consultation between the race management and the police over recent protests at UCT and the potential for further instability. The Prologue takes place on March 13 and was scheduled to start and finish on the UCT campus.

Must be afraid of all those investment bankers getting stoned by uct protesters. Thought it was the wild and untamed absa cape epic...?

The added media attention will just encourage the circus to up their game for the TV cameras. Well done to the organizer for identifying the risk early on and dealing with it. A month is enough time for participants to make alternative arrangements.

The added media attention will just encourage the circus to up their game for the TV cameras. Well done to the organizer for identifying the risk early on and dealing with it. A month is enough time for participants to make alternative arrangements.

At last year's Prologue the whole Rhodes must fall circus were up to their usual tricks. Almost ruined the vibe... I don't blame the Cape Epic for moving it.

At last year's Prologue the whole Rhodes must fall circus were up to their usual tricks. Almost ruined the vibe... I don't blame the Cape Epic for moving it.

The morons will probably follow u to Meerendal chanting ,The grapes must fall !!.Sauser must fall  !! Who needs comedy central when you have these idiots to entertain us 

Not long to go now, cant wait.

Hows the last of the prep going?

Any last minute tips, packing lists, check lists etc?

Does anyone have the Meerendal prolouge route map as gpx?

Cheers

Not long to go now, cant wait.

Hows the last of the prep going?

Any last minute tips, packing lists, check lists etc?

Does anyone have the Meerendal prolouge route map as gpx?

Cheers

Last minute tips - find someone with an Epic bag and make sure you can fit what you plan to take inside it (it's smaller than you think) - especially if you plan to put a sleeping bag inside - vacuum packing kit is your friend....

If you want a list I can share one with a million things to consider.

just look on Strava for the segments on meerendal - I have done this twice as the prologue, and they were not identical routes (close but not exactly the same) so if you really want to see the exact route - you can do a test ride the day before.

take a sealable bag for dirty clothing etc so that it does not contaminate anything else in the bag....

First time Epic Rider. Cant wait

Done the TranscapeMTB 2 x weeks ago, so hope to have a good "Base"

Yeah bags is small, so think and think again what needs to go...

Sealable bags is the way to go. I have a Pioneer bag, and they say its almost the same, so im allready busy packing etc

Anyone have a spare jar of HTFU tablets? My local pharmacy is out.

Going into epic on about 50 hours of epic specific training.

Balle teen die walle!

Archived