Cape Epic 2016 Group

Acerunner

How is everyones training going on? What was your last month like. Hard or just keeping legs going?

Did the Transcape from the 7th February 2016 for final base. 7 x days, 750km with about 16 000m of climbing. Now im just keeping the legs spinning. Will it be ok, or must i kill it the next 2 weeks.

But in same time, dont wanna burn out?

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is everyones training going on? What was your last month like. Hard or just keeping legs going?

Did the Transcape from the 7th February 2016 for final base. 7 x days, 750km with about 16 000m of climbing. Now im just keeping the legs spinning. Will it be ok, or must i kill it the next 2 weeks.

But in same time, dont wanna burn out?

Bottom line: decrease volume, keep frequency and intensity. More: http://www.usacycling.org/optimal-tapering-strategies.htm

Geez that's a pretty hefty increase for internationals, $1000 more than locals. Ouch.

Pretty excited now, been hitting the taper pretty hard and started carbo loading. Too soon?? :whistling:

Forced very aggressive taper due to sickness that won't go away. Haven't been on the bike since Friday! Luckily the work is already done. I just want to go into the race healthy!

Travel to Cape Town on Friday

Easy ride Sat morning

Fun rider world champs on Sun

Rest with couple of easy rides with short bursts during next week

Register

Lose 1kg

Report for race on next Sunday

Nervous!!  :whistling:  :whistling:

In full taper mode. Smashing the Argus on Sunday, but mostly rest and short rides.

Final decision on tyres... After months of testing and deliberating.

Vittoria Barzo front and rear. 2.25.

In full taper mode. Smashing the Argus on Sunday, but mostly rest and short rides.

Which batch are you in on Sunday?

Barzo Front - Saguaro Rear.

The bloody tyre question gave me some sleepless nights...

In the end I stuck with Geax/Vittoria because I had zero issues with them in my previous Epic.

Barzo Front - Saguaro Rear.

The bloody tyre question gave me some sleepless nights...

In the end I stuck with Geax/Vittoria because I had zero issues with them in my previous Epic.

I'm surprised. I haven't tried either, but the reviews put these the other way around?

I'm surprised. I haven't tried either, but the reviews put these the other way around?

It's like the Rocket Ron / Racing Ralph combo.

For me in the front it's more important to have cornering grip. I find that better with the longer knobs on the Barzo.

In the back I don't care about cornering abilities - I need traction going uphill on gravel, loose rocks. The multiple smaller knobs on the Saguaro do the job better there. 

X-King on the Front, Mountain King on the back....

Another 1kg to go and I'm ready to roll. Lightest I've been in 20 Years.

Archived