[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

The sheriff and Carpet are in CL... they missed out on a BL group by 4 people.

Last year...

My 2:50 from last year is not showing due to issues with a new chip and no bracket and championchip not willing to assist using GPS files.... My time from last year exist on Strava, but not on any of my CC chips :(

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year...

My 2:50 from last year is not showing due to issues with a new chip and no bracket and championchip not willing to assist using GPS files.... My time from last year exist on Strava, but not on any of my CC chips :(

Not even I can persuade them to change that, and I've been working with them at the start-finish for many years.

Anyway the u/16 boys and woman race can be split?

Starting them together changes the ladies race dynamic completely

unfortunately the race officials decide how the licensed categories are grouped together. There's nothing the organiser's can do about it.

Hi geraldm24,

Will there be a representative at registration from Championchip as well?  I've lost my old chip and have ordered a new one through the online options.  Can this be collected with the numbers?  Assume it needs to be linked with my details.

Thanks

Hi geraldm24,

Will there be a representative at registration from Championchip as well? I've lost my old chip and have ordered a new one through the online options. Can this be collected with the numbers? Assume it needs to be linked with my details.

Thanks

Yes, a Championchip rep will be there, and you can collect it with the number.

It will be linked to the race number, by you can also update it yourself on their website.

VC has 140 starters, and might be over subscribed due to a certain number entering VB.

Best you get in early if your want to ride. The limit is 160.

Thanks Gerald, appreciate it. If that fails can we race VB? 

From what time will collection be @ Tour de Frans??

Number Collection details

• Thursday, 18th February 2016 - The Bicycle Company, Centurion - 09:00 to 17:00
  • Friday 19th February 2016 - Cycle Lab - Fourways - 09:00 to 17:00
  • Saturday 20th February 2016 - Tour de Frans - Boksburg - 08:30 to 14:00 

Thanks Gerald, appreciate it. If that fails can we race VB?

You would need to check with the race officials at number collection. It's out of our hands.

Long story shortened, they told us that one needs to race in the correct age category.

But... I will ask the race office to allocate extra numbers for VC, so that the guys can be accommodated.

I find it hard to believe there are 140 in the group, when there are a lot less at other races.

You would need to check with the race officials at number collection. It's out of our hands.

Long story shortened, they told us that one needs to race in the correct age category.

But... I will ask the race office to allocate extra numbers for VC, so that the guys can be accommodated.

I find it hard to believe there are 140 in the group, when there are a lot less at other races.

Thats for the prompt response Gerald but we're going to Sabie. Race is on. 

Sure your event will be outstanding as always  :thumbup:

Archived