Bikes by Cycleart - contact details on page 1

Cruxpearl

Is the paint coming off or the clear coat ?

I need to do a clear coat on my frame. What do you think my best option is? Frame is black powder coat, swing arm is half carbon, half naked aluminium.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the paint coming off or the clear coat ?

the red paint. you can see the white what looks like primer now. It is where the shock mounts to so they might have not covered it properly. And for some reason the paint is not 100% dry yet. This is over a year later. If you attached a light or bungy cord to it when transporting it, it leaves a mark. And if you leave it in the sun for a while, it goes away.

The clear coat probably doesn't have enough hardner added, that's why it leaves indents when you press it but goes away in the sun.

What did you wash the bike with? It's a bit odd that you have been washing the frame for a whole year and it's only just coming off now?  Please send us pictures asap to cycleart@vodamail.co.za or better still bring it through to us land let's have a closer look. Lil

What did you wash the bike with???It's a bit?odd that you have been washing the frame for a whole year and it's only just coming off now?? Please send us pictures asap to cycleart@vodamail.co.za or better still bring it through to us land let's have a closer look. Lil

Howdy Cliff smiley2.gif

Lilian, I'll send you pics. Like I said, it's in the shock braces. You proberbly did not clean it properly or did not get enough primer on. I clean it with Finish Line bike wash.

• 4 weeks later...

I need work done to my old Alpina.

Diamond black with silver pinstripping. Alpina's logo's never stood out as the most interesting, so I might leave that out.

With all this there's the bars and neck. The crank and rims that needs the same treatment.

Give me some idea of cost if posible.

Thanx.

Gerhard.

20090413_041522_Copy_of_DSC0015.JPG

An old Columbus SLX steel MX-Leader Merckx beautifully re-done .........

Thank you guys !!!smiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gif

Beautiful mate...

I'm redoing an early 80's Colnago Master....trying to sort the chroming of the fork, head lugs and chainstays first.....

• 2 weeks later...

Posting Back Up Riders frame.............. he also does not have a before photo.  just this after shot.

Let's just say it is a major improvementsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

20090429_063524_ORBEA_-Hub.jpg

Beautiful mate...

I'm redoing an early 80's Colnago Master....trying to sort the chroming of the fork' date=' head lugs and chainstays first.....
[/quote']

Will be interested in your results with the chroming, i have some stuff that i need done as well.

I have done my previous Eddy Merckx through them and I was very happy, I sent a nice photo of how I would like it and it came out almost the same. But with my latest project I am very disapointed. They haven't done it yet but this was what they gave me ....

20090430_072717_tandem.JPG

Looking for maybe a bit more detail ... The Pirate2009-04-30 07:33:58

Sorry Jaco, not sure what you are getting at?  You sent us a whole bunch of pictures and asked us to come up with a design for your tandem using all of the logos on the said pictures.....must say I am NOt an artist, this is a rough draft (as anyone can clearly see) and was merely to show you what you could do!!  After waiting to hear from you for a month and the above comments,  I take it you don't like my design! Actually, looking at the last mail from you  on 31.3- you  changed your mind and want a white tandem?? Lil

Sorry Jaco' date=' not sure what you are getting at?? You sent us?a whole bunch of pictures and asked us to come up with a design for your tandem?using all of the logos on the said pictures.....must say I am NOt an artist, this is a rough draft (as anyone can clearly see) and was merely to show you what you could do!!? After waiting to hear from you for a month and the above comments,? I take it you don't like my design!?? Actually, looking at the last mail from you? on 31.3- you? changed your mind and want a white tandem???Lil[/quote']

OK, I'll send it again and I'll try and explain it a bit better this time smiley2.gif