Stolen: 2015 Giant XTC Advanced

Cippo

Don't know what access control is like, but you guys need to learn from us criminals up in Gauteng, and not pay your "etolls", if you feel there is little or no benefit for what you paying for....

Ride for free, & hit them where it hurts. Organise a Free Ride on a weekend, or every weekend. Worked well for the students.

Getting real tired of paying & getting nothing in return...

Ride safe.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been studying the satellite maps of the Plumpudding hill to try and see in which direction they would have escaped.No ways they would have gone back to Rhodes memorial or in the other direction towards the forest station above De Wall Dr as they would have been seen by to many cyclists,so they must have gone down the trail towards Prince of wales blockhouse and De  Waal dr & then on to Woodstock/Salt river.Crossing a busy rd & University estate without looking out of place or looking suspicious.I think we should learn to take note of things going down in our hood and get involved,my/your car ,house or bike could be next.

One attack was just above the M3 footbridge on the track up to Rhodes Mem. The escape route was over the bridge past Mosterts Mill and down through Rosebank/Mowbray. Second attack was just above the tar road entrance to Rhodes Mem on the single track below the Mt Pleasant Sanparks offices. The escape was down through the Newlands picnic site and across the M3? Or picked up by accomplices in a car on the M3? Third one was just below Plum Pudding on the North side. Escape? The previous time that was a hotspot they fled down past the Prince of Whales blockhouse exactly like Bernard said and from there down into Woodstock.

• 1 month later...

Update. Spoke to the victim on the weekend:

"my L2 vertebrae is fractured and my L4 and L5 is shifted I am wearing a full back brace"...

Update. Spoke to the victim on the weekend:

"my L2 vertebrae is fractured and my L4 and L5 is shifted I am wearing a full back brace"...

don't think that was because of this incident... just confirm with him!

This thread makes me so flipping mad, I could vomit.

Makes me just want to say "f### this country" and move to somewhere civilized.

EVERY time I leave the house, I need to think about whether i'm gonna get back in one piece - will I get ambushed and mugged?  Will I get run over by a drunk and/or unlicensed driver. Will I get home ALIVE?.

We need to seriously evaluate whether this country we love and call home is actually worth it when we place our lives at risk doing a simple thing like riding on the mountain.

To the victim: hope you get better soon, bro.  Heal up fast and strong.

This thread makes me so flipping mad, I could vomit.

Makes me just want to say "f### this country" and move to somewhere civilized.

EVERY time I leave the house, I need to think about whether i'm gonna get back in one piece - will I get ambushed and mugged?  Will I get run over by a drunk and/or unlicensed driver. Will I get home ALIVE?.

We need to seriously evaluate whether this country we love and call home is actually worth it when we place our lives at risk doing a simple thing like riding on the mountain.

To the victim: hope you get better soon, bro.  Heal up fast and strong.

EXACTLY how I feel most of the time.

Heal up soon mate.

Archived