Cairo to Cape Town in world record time: the halfway point

News bot

On 9 October 2015, 5 athletes from Kenya, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Egypt and the UK departed from Cairo, Egypt, in the shadow of the Giza Pyramids, towards Cape Town. This is the CAROCAP Time Trial, a race to set a new world record: the fastest human-powered crossing of the African continent.

Click here to view the article

These guys just rolled into Vic Falls, after a 402km stage at 35km/h average today. Unreal.

Mark and his mates (sorry didn't get their names) seem in much better spirits than I would have been after a double double century.

post-15789-0-00829700-1446936056_thumb.jpeg

:clap:  :eek: Fantastic stuff. I hope we get a bit of warning of their Cape Town arrival to allow some of us to welcome them. Perhaps ride out and meet them at Blouberg?

Simply amazing. They are almost finished. Has there been any real publicity around their efforts?

I must have been working to hard or just a sleep..... First time I was even aware of the attempt. seems as if very little marketing was done or very little press coverage.

Maybe I am been naive , just wish that this was the stuff focused on in the news instead of all the politics, wars and high jinks of the Kardashians ....

Incredible human spirit and achievement so far, well done team carocap

Nice going Team CaroCap.

I'm currently up in Samburu country, so know what it's like to ride here.... it's HOT!!! and DRY. a) I'm really not sure how you're even managing to ride as far as you are each day, and b) to do it in these conditions! Wow that's serious stuff!

To be 100% confirmed, but at this stage they will be rolling passed Melkbos late Sun afternoon. Will confirm details closer to the time.

To be 100% confirmed, but at this stage they will be rolling passed Melkbos late Sun afternoon. Will confirm details closer to the time.

Aaaah no way.........I'll have to miss it as I'm riding To Hell and Back (although that pales against riding Cape To Kairo at 300+ km per day!)