New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

jandals... JANDALS!!

Jandals... JANDALS???

She is lost!

Next you'll be saying chilly-bin and other such words!

whahaha... to be honest I used the "chilly bin" one last night too :eek:

I did say straight after "what the hell is happening to me, these words are just slipping off my tongue". I think I will make a point about referring to our/SA terms because I might just loose them as it already took me a while to remember what we use to call jandals back home... :blush:

I am teaching our terms to them kiwi's too though...these ones are commonly used now:

"ja"

"braai"

"are we having boerewors for the braai"

"we can take the bakkie" (not ute)

"dankie"

"melktert for desert?"

etc etc

I was in the Coromandal (Whitianga to be exact...) this weekend - biking, beers, boats, beach, braai, sun, ice creams, fishing trip last night for sunset (launched from Kawakawa bay)..

post-24697-0-13878900-1472427724_thumb.jpg

post-24697-0-36237000-1472427228_thumb.jpg

post-24697-0-42426700-1472428140_thumb.jpg

post-24697-0-31978400-1472428508_thumb.jpg

post-24697-0-39682300-1472428196_thumb.jpeg

post-24697-0-45068300-1472428228_thumb.jpg

post-24697-0-19578300-1472428249_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hayley, you seem to really be taking NZ by the balls n getting stuck in and involved. Your posts and all the info on races etc are what's motivating me to want to make the jump across to there. 

My sister and her fam were just granted residency, and my mom moved over a month ago.

I think I need to start getting my ducks in a row now.

Keep your pics coming please...

No way! Maybe it is something in your house...

Nah...its from my daughter. She is bringing home all sorts of weird bugs from nursery school.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hayley, you seem to really be taking NZ by the balls n getting stuck in and involved. Your posts and all the info on races etc are what's motivating me to want to make the jump across to there. 

My sister and her fam were just granted residency, and my mom moved over a month ago.

I think I need to start getting my ducks in a row now.

Keep your pics coming please...

I think I might have a slight advantage though.... :ph34r:  :whistling:

I have a kiwi by my side showing me the ropes and who has made it easy for me to settle in. :blush: Letting go of my complete independence was a struggle at 1st though, but it has been worth it and seeing the work ethic this lad has is incredible.....I swear he has more hours in a day than the rest of us!

Rode into work this morning without needing a front light....the sun is up much earlier :D

Happy spring guys!  :clap:

Noticed that this morning as well, down here in CT. How much I look forward to not having to be off our local trails by 18h30!

whahaha... to be honest I used the "chilly bin" one last night too :eek:

I did say straight after "what the hell is happening to me, these words are just slipping off my tongue". I think I will make a point about referring to our/SA terms because I might just loose them as it already took me a while to remember what we use to call jandals back home... :blush:

I am teaching our terms to them kiwi's too though...these ones are commonly used now:

"ja"

"braai"

"are we having boerewors for the braai"

"we can take the bakkie" (not ute)

"dankie"

"melktert for desert?"

etc etc

I was in the Coromandal (Whitianga to be exact...) this weekend - biking, beers, boats, beach, braai, sun, ice creams, fishing trip last night for sunset (launched from Kawakawa bay)..

attachicon.gifIMG_20160827_093954.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160827_090805.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160827_110929.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160827_151213.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG-20160827-WA0020.jpeg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160828_181849.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160828_173829.jpg

Are you using Bloekom boom hout there for the fire (Eucalyptus tree wood)

Did anyone feel the big shake near gizzie?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I was awake but felt nothing. Disappointed :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big shaky shaky here in Whakatane, woke us all up, whole house was heaving and rattling. Biggest one I've ever felt; 7.1 is quite a bit bigger than the 6.3 that ruined Christchurch...

Just done a quick check: since 1840, a total of around 480 people have died in earthquakes in NZ. There are around 20 000 tremors per year...and the news has reported that this one was the biggest in the North Island since 1995. Yoh.

Edgecumbe, up the road from me, had a biggie in 1987 which ruptured roads and knocked rolling stock off the rails (no fatalities)....