Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I got a free smoothie at Kaui, only problem is i need 1500 points a week to reach my goal and cycling gets zero points and gym 150 per event per day, and only 7 days in a week.

thats definitely an error.

Like mentioned earlier, link your strava to discovery and you will get points for cycling.

Next year, they'll track you with your Apple Watch, provided you have an iPhone of course, which will track basically any type of activity you do.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds like an error, Savage. We've been told that the soft cap will be 1,200 points per week. At the moment, it's impossible to get 1,500 points per week unless you do a Park Run on Saturday and another 5 sessions (with heart rate) from Sunday to Thursday. 7 workouts a week gets you 1,400 points IF you use a HR monitor, and are at avg 70% of HRR for 30 minutes. 

EDIT: If you're with STRAVA, link your Vitality Awards app thing (update the Discovery App, then Vitality, then Devices & Apps, Link a device or app) and you'll get 200 points per ride for working out and "uploading using a device"

I think they have just introduced that now - last week my target was 2100 points (!), the week before it was 2000.  This week a more sane 1200...

Target for me is 1500 per week and I make it every week. 150 for gym then add points from Garmin for workouts in or above target heart rates. Also points for races. Does not count towards status but counts for weekly rewards. 

I think they have just introduced that now - last week my target was 2100 points (!), the week before it was 2000.  This week a more sane 1200...

I linked my garmin via STRAVA, cycled every day last week and got zero points.

I linked my garmin via STRAVA, cycled every day last week and got zero points.

You need to link it directly to GarminConnect 

On a side note it says Garmin was only last updated on the 23rd of October... thanks Discovery.

Plenty points waiting for you!! 

Seeing as i live 130km away from the nearest Kauai or that Vida shop, my sister scores big time every week....

I give her my vouchers and she get free Peanut Butter bombs once a week...  :thumbup:

Just de linked and re linked and got 3500 points :D

grrrrrr... I need to do that. 

I've already messaged them regarding the reliability of the linkages. They know it's happening, and the app IS stil in it's infancy, but still... 

grrrrrr... I need to do that. 

I've already messaged them regarding the reliability of the linkages. They know it's happening, and the app IS stil in it's infancy, but still... 

Do not get me started about their retarded driving app that kicks me off the system every 3 weeks. 

Vitality need to spend 6 months consolidating what they are doing and get rid of the bugs in their systems. I have something like 6 open reported issues with them at the moment, nice product, if it worked.  

I get an insane amount of money back from them every month using vitality and vitality drive and that's the only thing that keeps me sane when it comes to discovery.

I honestly can't fathom how they are managing to give me back so much and still be profitable. Besides the fuel rewards, miles, and cash back from credit cards, now they give me a weekly Kauai voucher for exercise, and just last week they gave me a takealot voucher for driving well. Where do you find another company like this?

I get an insane amount of money back from them every month using vitality and vitality drive and that's the only thing that keeps me sane when it comes to discovery.

I honestly can't fathom how they are managing to give me back so much and still be profitable. Besides the fuel rewards, miles, and cash back from credit cards, now they give me a weekly Kauai voucher for exercise, and just last week they gave me a takealot voucher for driving well. Where do you find another company like this?

That is why I am putting up with the issues. With credit card miles and fuel back we get around R1100 +- a month, where if they did the sums right and loaded stuff correctly we should be getting around R1375 +-. 

Just want a little less admin.

Firstly - you need to understand just how much they (the Discovery group) are saving ito claims from Vitality members. Even just Blue members save them on average 20% ito cost of annual claims. Gold / Diamond is int he 40-50% region. It's HUGE. That's why the life policy premiums are reduced the instant you are on Vitality, and the future cover / premium incresaes are adjusted downwards if you engage and get at least up to Silver status.

Secondly - this whole thing with Vitality Awards - consumer behaviour data. That is HUGE currency. Seriously large. 

Thirdly - partner agreements for "feet in door" benefits. I don't know what the extent of those are, and we probably never will.