Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I'm still on the original gym contract where you need to visit 36 times a year.

Hope they keep the terms as is and don't change it with the new year.

They won't. It's only the new one that's changing, where it's reverting to a 75% discount and then up to 100% depending on activity etc. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note as we now getting all these free drinks at Kauai that I have never tried... what's everyone's favourite?

Maybe just work down the menu till I find what I like :)

Def the Peanut Butter Bomb. yum

Not retrospective sucks

Already have the Disco card

what the R350 fee for if already have the card?

Cool on understanding the goal v payoff

Will see what 3rd party apps around for iwatch and samsung connectivity (note 4 and S6).... else sell iwatch and get fenix 3  :ph34r:

R 350 for activation fee of the benefit entitled Vitality Active Rewards, or whatever it is. 

On another note as we now getting all these free drinks at Kauai that I have never tried... what's everyone's favourite?

Maybe just work down the menu till I find what I like :)

big flattie at Vida (large flat white, if anyone is wondering - the okes behind the till loved it when I called it that!)

R 350 for activation fee of the benefit entitled Vitality Active Rewards, or whatever it is. 

Thought had already activated the Vitality Active Rewards and is why getting the free drinks?

Don't forget the monthly service fee on the card account. 

big flattie at Vida (large flat white, if anyone is wondering - the okes behind the till loved it when I called it that!)

I hope Cape Town's flat whites are better. Stellenbosch's Vida sucks. The staff is uber friendly and I like that, but the coffee is very average.

Outside Vitality Active: R26 for a bland flat white at Vida or +- R20 for an excellent flat white at most coffee shops in Stellies (with a bonus of ambiance).

I'll use my vouchers at Kuai.

I probably need to de-link my pessimist mode.

Edited by Koei

Thought had already activated the Vitality Active Rewards and is why getting the free drinks?

Nah, it's coming in properly next year. This is but a taste. Plus, what do you think people would say if you charged them now, but it only opened properly on 1 Jan?

Don't forget the monthly service fee on the card account. 

yeah, but hopefully you're paying that anyway, and don't just get the card to get the watch. Unless you migrate your credit profile to Disco Card. 

I hope Cape Town's flat whites are better. Stellenbosch's Vida sucks. The staff is uber friendly and I like that, but the coffee is very average.

Outside Vitality Active: R26 for a bland flat white at Vida or +- R20 for an excellent flat white at most coffee shops in Stellies (with a bonus of ambiance).

I'll use my vouchers at Kuai.

I probably need to de-link my pessimist mode.

My local ones (home and work) do them quite well. Century City Vida (opposite SMG, near the WW) and then Constantia Vida. Plus they both have a pretty kiff ambiance. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Nah, it's coming in properly next year. This is but a taste. Plus, what do you think people would say if you charged them now, but it only opened properly on 1 Jan?

Better get R350 worth of smoothies between now and the 1 Jan then  :whistling:

I also expect there will be a lot of iwatches for sale in Jan/Feb... unwanted xmas gifts  :ph34r:

Better get R350 worth of smoothies between now and the 1 Jan then  :whistling:

I also expect there will be a lot of iwatches for sale in Jan/Feb... unwanted xmas gifts  :ph34r:

LOL. Yeah. Suspect you've already done that though. 

But yeah. On the for sale thing -it'd be pretty silly for you to get it, sell it for below retail value (still a 2nd hand watch) and still pay for it or at least be tied into the loan for 2 years. 

LOL. Yeah. Suspect you've already done that though. 

But yeah. On the for sale thing -it'd be pretty silly for you to get it, sell it for below retail value (still a 2nd hand watch) and still pay for it or at least be tied into the loan for 2 years. 

Only if you stop training and are not hitting the 4 goals a month?  My understanding if am correct, reach 4 goals, Discovery pay for that month as you will pay nothing? i.e loan will come down by R250 and you pay nothing?

Also may want to factor in 0% interest loan against value of Rand in 2 years time  :eek:

Edited by shaper

Only if you stop training and are not hitting the 4 goals a month?  My understanding if am correct, reach 4 goals, Discovery pay for that month as you will pay nothing? i.e loan will come down by R250 and you pay nothing?

Also may want to factor in 0% interest loan against value of Rand in 2 years time  :eek:

yeah, indeed, true. but the fact of the matter is that you're still tied into it if you sell the device. 

Yeah, if you're consistently hitting 4 goals a month and whadda whadda, then it's effectively 6k for nada. If you can continue doing that, and already have another device then why not... 

Dammit. You just pointed out I hadn't thought it through properly. LOL. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

If you're sick or injured that week or for the month, Bye Bye R1000. Nope to Risky...

R 1,000? No no no... 

if you hit 0 goals per MONTH, R 250 in that MONTH

1 goal, R 175

2 = R 100

3 = R 50

all 4 = nothing. 

you will only ever pay a max of R 250 in any given month. R 6,000 over a 24 month period = R 250 per month..