Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

So, I am trying to figure out - is it going to be harder

(it seems harder for the guy only gyming, and quite a points fest for cyclists - like common, you cannot compare  10-20km running (which takes months to accomplish) to  29-49km on a bike (which I did the first day I bought a bike)..

no, much easier. At the moment the max you get from ANY workout that iisn't a recognised event or a parkrun is 200 points. From next year, a 20 - 59 min vigorous workout (avg 70% of HRR for 70% of the time afaik) gets you up to 300 points. 

A 60 minute plus workout gets you 600. 

Read Gerald's post above. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone want to join a group with Wonduhboy and myself? We need at least one more goal achiever to get our group rewards.

PM me.

no, much easier. At the moment the max you get from ANY workout that iisn't a recognised event or a parkrun is 200 points. From next year, a 20 - 59 min vigorous workout (avg 70% of HRR for 70% of the time afaik) gets you up to 300 points. 

A 60 minute plus workout gets you 600. 

Read Gerald's post above. 

Does the workout you do add to a gym swipe 

I don't cycle anymore - I only gym - and then I don't only run : I do some treadmill, cycling, boxing, circuit etc mixed...

I am just trying to figure out how it'll add then? (or will the watch see everyhting a "Workout, not otherwise specified")

Does the workout you do add to a gym swipe 

I don't cycle anymore - I only gym - and then I don't only run : I do some treadmill, cycling, boxing, circuit etc mixed...

I am just trying to figure out how it'll add then? (or will the watch see everyhting a "Workout, not otherwise specified")

you get points for the largest points-generating activity for the day.

So if you do a workout at the gym:

Clock in: 100 points (next year) 

20-59 minute vigorous workout (quite easy to hit 70% of HRR on weights and functional training etc) = up to 300 points

You'll get the 300 points. 

Watch will record your workout as "gym" as long as you select that as your activity when you load up Strava. 

Done.

As a tip - if you're close to the 60 minute mark. Push just a little bit more, or do a fast walk on the treadmill to keep your HR up for another 10 mins or so. Will put you up to the next bracket, and give you more points. Which, incidentally, is the behaviour that they're trying to promote.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Here are my points summary for the 947 Cycle Challenge...

Points for the event (5000), plus bonus points (50) for 70% or above of target HR.

The others points were for the Saturday ride...

Points for device/app workout at 60-70% (150), plus bonus points (50) for 70% or above of target HR.

This is clear that the event, being higher, takes preference over the device app on the Sunday.

All my weekend rides or gym workouts, providing the duration is 30 mins or more in 60-70% gets me 150 points, and a bonus 50% if the 70% is also 30 mins or more. It sometimes appears the following morning after upload.

post-1372-1449519522,0306.png

Note: this is the 2015 points.

Edited by geraldm24

What is the payback dates? I am part of team vit but have not yet received cash back for the 2 94'7 races?

Watch will record your workout as "gym" as long as you select that as your activity when you load up Strava.

so I got this strava app. There's only 2 option run and cycle, nothing else? What's that all about? Basically a useless app for someone that wants to do other things as well...

Now what other options are there? I like Endomondo, but it doesn't link to vitality...

Mapmyrun is also a stupid app...

so I got this strava app. There's only 2 option run and cycle, nothing else? What's that all about? Basically a useless app for someone that wants to do other things as well...

Now what other options are there? I like Endomondo, but it doesn't link to vitality...

what other exercises do you do?

Link to mapmyfitness which you can link to Discovery.

Or use tapiriik to link endomondo to any of the apps that will automatically sync to discovery awards

As myles says, apart from cycling, swimming or running what other activities are you wanting to do as any gym session is automatically logged when you swipe your membership card

Edited by shaper

Set it up as a run and then amend it once it's uploaded

I know that in some cases the rewards are worth it but this whole Vitality thing is just to complicated for a simple man such as myself .....

Glad I am not the only one...I thought reading life insurance policies were a drag...then they introduced vitality...we need a dummies guide to vitality.

Glad I am not the only one...I thought reading life insurance policies were a drag...then they introduced vitality...we need a dummies guide to vitality.

Coming up. Just give me a few hours. Got a few more things on my plate that need attention first. :)

what other exercises do you do?

Apart from treadmill running (I pray for an app where I can enter the distance I ran after my run - right there on the app, not on the pc later) and spinning - rowing and circuit mostly

Link to mapmyfitness which you can link to Discovery.

Or use tapiriik to link endomondo to any of the apps that will automatically sync to discovery awards

As myles says, apart from cycling, swimming or running what other activities are you wanting to do as any gym session is automatically logged when you swipe your membership card

yah, but what if my workout would have giving me more points than the simple swipe...