Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is your significant other also partaking in this? You'll never get to gold if you don't both pull your weight. 

Spinnekop....ek dink hy sê so agterbaks dat jou ander helfte dalk bietjie swaar kan wees  :eek:  :devil:

he's saying his actual max HR is 165. 

I also have the same issue, according to Vitality my HR should be 170, it is max 165 (i have known low blood pressure) and for recent races done, the Fast One and the Berg & Dale my ave is 138 which is pushing it hard whilst racing... whereas on a training ride am 120-129... so in the same boat with this

I also have the same issue, according to Vitality my HR should be 170, it is max 165 (i have known low blood pressure) and for recent races done, the Fast One and the Berg & Dale my ave is 138 which is pushing it hard whilst racing... whereas on a training ride am 120-129... so in the same boat with this

that suuuucks. 

So. You know what to do. *** hard interval session for 30 min. Die. Continue with your normal routine... 

:)

Good thing too. All my strava rides are hard - I probably spend much of my MTB rides in the red both up and down and the same on the road. By all means reduce the points, but forcing me to buy another device is BS. 

that suuuucks. 

So. You know what to do. *** hard interval session for 30 min. Die. Continue with your normal routine... 

:)

No need to *** hard as can do moderate 90+ min to get 300 points (most training rides are over this 3+ hrs).. and will see what my goal is to work out how to reach that... which might be couple of times a week 30mins on an IDT hard or a 30+ min run at vigorous as my HR for running is always higher than cycling :)

Know all the variables.. work the system !!

Edit: I do the above training already.. so don't really see much difference to my routine, just that i will not be getting as many points as previously

Edited by shaper

Sorry dude.

I am probably MORE active than you.  I bought into the system. 

I only get points for ONE month.  The other 11 moths is worth F$$(*@) all  No points.  Sorry buddy.

Did all the surveys.  Jumped the hoops. 

And now I am "stuck" at 55000 points.  Which was accumulated in ONE month because I bought into the system.

Not even silver. 

So no.......ACTIVE people does not get to gold. 

People buying policies, making Discovery richer and cheating the system with BS ways  to exercise (swiping in and leaving immediately) gets to gold. 

Work the system to your benefit you say.....

I have worked it.  honestly. 

And there is no real benefit. 

No help in bitching about it though......big corporate making money so they'll just shove it down your throat and you have to swallow like a good prozzie.

I'll just take my small business elsewhere.

Hi, Must say getting to gold not an issue, I achieved 90 000 after about a month as well. However I have been thinking about it. Not sure anymore what the benefits are when you are on Gold or Platinum anymore,

You get the 25% benefit at Woolies etc whther you are there or not.

But do not train to get point from discovery in any case.

Hi, Must say getting to gold not an issue, I achieved 90 000 after about a month as well. However I have been thinking about it. Not sure anymore what the benefits are when you are on Gold or Platinum anymore,

You get the 25% benefit at Woolies etc whther you are there or not.

But do not train to get point from discovery in any case.

In essence:

Higher discounts on partner store spend

Higher flight, hotel & car hire discounts

Higher Discovery Card Discounts

Better premium increases & cover increases on your Life Policy

More payback every 5 years (in addition to the newer annual payback)

Pretty much it. 

Myles question for you that you may want to put to your Discovery Contacts

With the new system of points, they increased the individual from 30,000 to 45,000... now with the decrease in points... they going to bring the 45,000 target down?

Which they should do!!

I'm not interested in the smoothies or coffees, nice bonus but not a driver.

Reached my max 30 000 points for activities already.

Don't have a CrApple Watch so no concern.

Gym I signed up yonks ago so don't pay a dime as long as I go 36 times in 12months.

BUT:

I am way more interested in the new flight benefits that will be coming, free base fare if you meet your weekly Acitvity Rewards points. That's my gripe, I want to go visit my family for free.

Will wait and see anyway.

p.s can you imagine being a Vitality Social media manager right now, flame suit of epic proportions!

Edited by Epic Rookie

p.s can you imagine being a Vitality Social media manager right now, flame suit of epic proportions!

I think they have taken a personal day today  :whistling:

This reminds me of when MTN and Vodacom changed their subs on all subscribers, so much for a 24 month contract..... (Supplier always have fine print covering themselves and it always favours the supplier not the customer)

Had the same issue and contacted ASG. There is actually a separate site where you can actually use the voucher. Priceses were also a bit cheaper than the ASG site.

thanks, and the address?

I used the link from Team Vitality email

Edit: the address is correct, as the discount now works but the price is still more expensive than at Dischem for the same item.

Edited by geraldm24